Opportunity in Wealth Management
You may be a new graduate with a degree in Finance, a newly minted CFP® Certificant, a relatively new advisor or operations specialist. What’s most important to you is to advance your career in a firm that places its clients first; provides innovative, holistic planning and investment management, has a collaborative team environment, and where a high priority is given to mentoring new advisors.
We are a boutique wealth management firm located in beautiful Redwood City, California. Our firm is distinguished in four ways:
- Every client is a client of the firm. Unlike other firms where it’s “every man/woman for themselves,” in our organization, every client is a client of the firm.
- Every client is served by an advisory team. An advisory team consists of a Service Advisor, a Support Advisor and an Intern/Paraplanner. Each team also has the benefit of a Senior Lead Advisor who has 40 years of industry experience and is a recognized leader in the Industry.
- We provide our associates with an authentic career path. We employ a highly structured, proven career path that is similar to law and accounting firms. Team members are compensated with salaries and bonuses, not commissions.
- We are devoted to processes. Although each client situation is unique, our processes (for data gathering, plan and investment design, reviews, implementation and service) are standardized. We rely heavily on CRM technology to capture client data, manage tasks and assure that no step in a process is overlooked.
About the role
Our continued growth requires that we add an Intern/Paraplanner to our team. Working under the direction of the Service Advisor and the Support Advisor the Intern will be responsible to assist them to care for a specific group of clients. The Intern/Paraplanner:
- Prepares Service Advisor (Lead Advisor) for meetings with appropriate forms, reports, data and research
- Helps prepare all insurance and investment paperwork
- Helps design and construct financial plans and financial strategies in concert with Service Advisor
- Performs portfolio administration with regard to client data, contributions and withdrawals
- On boards certain firm clients when fully licensed
- Helps service team with weekly preparation for meetings
- Responds to client requests for service and trouble-shoots service issues
- Establishes client files and maintains client data in CRM program
- Participates at select client meetings, taking notes and assisting with presentations
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. in Finance desirable)
- Commitment to obtaining FINRA registration, insurance licensing. Earning your CFP® designation is preferred but not required
- Quick learner of new technologies; committed CRM user and strong mastery of Excel
- Warm and professional demeanor
- Superb organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- A low-ego, team player
- If FINRA and/or SEC registered – a squeaky clean compliance record
- Competitive salary (not commissions)
- Yearly incentives based on firm results
- 401(k) with match
- Paid time off
- Company paid licensing and professional development
- A genuine career path into wealth management
- The opportunity to utilize every talent you have!
Please submit resume with a cover letter (we want to see your writing skills.)