There's a lot to think about when it comes to launching your financial planning career. At Marcum Financial Services (MFS), we offer you a world of opportunity, a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
MFS is a member of The Marcum Group, which is led by Marcum LLP is one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the nation.
As a MFS team member, you’ll receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k)plan with an employer contribution and a profit sharing plan.
The Junior Sales Advisor is a sales assistant role that combines aspects of business development, sales, marketing, and financial planning. The candidate will possess the following skill sets: marketing knowledge, strategy experience, proposal management, sales experience, training experience and network experience. The ideal candidate is a high-energy "people person" with excellent interpersonal communication skills; he/she is a detail-oriented and well-organized individual who enjoys working in a team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, refine and implement a business development strategy to generate opportunities with targeted prospects through activities including cold calling, business community outreach, referral development, and lead generation programs
- Additional strategic planning activities include primary research, industry/market competitive analysis and client needs assessment
- Maintain a detailed pipeline of prospects as well as the firms CRM system and conducts follow-up calls and activity, proactively and as required
- Manage the sales process and drives revenue generation by identifying, meeting and qualifying leads, building solid relationships and working with the financial advisors to qualify and help pursue business opportunities and attain sales quotes
- Transition closed engagements to the appropriate, assigned advisor and provides all relevant billing information to the registered client associate
- Actively participate in network organizations, associations, etc.
- Support firm marketing efforts including firm branding and business community awareness efforts, including web presence and collateral material
- Provide content for new business proposals as it pertains to terms and conditions, engagement service, etc. and participates in the delivery/presentation of the proposal to the prospect
- Track status and outcome of all proposals in CRM tool, specifically reasons for lost proposals
- Respond to requests for information from prospects with appropriate information
- Manage alliance development: identify, build, and manage long-term relationships with strategic partners/clients
- Identify and evaluate specific business opportunities with existing clients
- Provide a bi-monthly recap of business development and sales activity
- Perform other special projects as assigned
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in marketing, business development and sales functions
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail