- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to identify clients optimal risk profiles, goals, objectives and appropriate asset allocation
- Proven ability to assess needs of clients and recommend appropriate solutions/interventions
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on a team and with key partners
- Proven ability to listen and probe for clarity and understanding
- Ability to source clients through prospecting and networking
- Ability to work in an environment where the majority of your compensation is tied to your performance
- Goal and results oriented
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to engage with and influence others
- Solid follow-through skills
- Strong computer/technical literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
NOTE: In addition to Planning, this position may be considered for the Business Management, Investment and Financing, Business Development and Relationship management roles
Ideal candidate will have:
- At minimum a Bachelors Degree
- Credentialed with planning designations (s) – CFP or CHFC – The TFA curriculum assists candidates prepare for and earn the CFP designation
- Experience working with clients on planning-related needs
- Proficiency in using SalesForce / Client Relationship Manager Tool
- Strong understanding of the Financial Advisor role
Posting Date: 01/05/2017
Location: US-NY-New York, US-NY-Bayside, US-NY-Jericho, US-NY-Smithtown, US-NY-Melville, US-NY-Garden City, US-NY-Hewlett, US-NY-New York, US-NY-New York, US-NY-Riverhead, US-NY-Staten Island, US-NY-New York, US-NY-New Yor
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.