Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals and businesses. With 10,869 Financial Advisors and $1.9 trillion in client balances as of December 31, 2015, Merrill Lynch is among the largest businesses of its kind in the world.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management specializes in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance. Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with a financial advisor committed to their needs — an advisor with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch and the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is part of Bank of America Corporation.
The Team Financial Advisor (TFA) role is a specific functional role aligned to a Financial Advisor (FA) team for the purpose of concentrating on a targeted aspect of the Team’s business. The primary focus of the TFA Planner role is to deliver a full range of goals-based planning & financial solutions to their FA Team’s clients. The TFA Planner will own and manage the planning components of the team’s client service model.
* Understand all aspects of an optimal practice and complete the training and development needed to prepare for a successful career as a Financial Advisor
* Build and maintain a clear process for adding to and updating client profile information in Salesforce after regular client reviews
* Consistently make adjustments to analytics, portfolio, balance sheet, net worth statement and recommendations based on new or relevant information
* Deliver a full range of goals-based financial planning / wealth strategies including assessment of client needs
* Maintain a robust knowledge of the firm’s latest planning tools, techniques and strategies
* Maintain a full understanding of ML online capabilities
* Possess a working knowledge of financial planning wealth management tools
* Possess niche-related knowledge and remain current on industry rules and relevant regulations including future standards that may be mandated
* Use relevant knowledge and content to educate other Financial Advisors on strategies
* Manage the team’s client profiling process by leveraging all Firm resources
* Deliver holistic goals-based financial solutions to clients
* Prepare and present detailed customized client reports including metrics on progress to goals, especially during client reviews
* Fulfill continuing education requirements to maintain designation(s)
* Establish and maintain relationships with the management team and inform them of circumstances that require supervisory attention/review/approval per compliance guidelines and policies
* Complete required training, obtain industry licenses (Series 7 & 66), master assessments, maintain continuing education requirements and meets minimum performance standards
* Source prospective clients and capitalize on referrals
* Deliver customized solutions and through collaboration deliver the full resources of Bank of America Merrill Lynch
This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination. Legal authorization to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship is required.