Financial Planning Associate
Title: Financial Planning Associate
Reports to: Senior Wealth Advisor
The Financial Planning Associate will prepare financial reports, spreadsheets, and financial plans. The associate will also perform data entry, investment research, and client history research. The associate will assist in client meetings, create post meeting action plans and conduct any other office-related item the advisor believes is essential to the conduct of business. In some circumstances the associate will communicate information to the client and seek additional information required. The role will generally have 90-180 day trial internship period prior to final appointment.
- Producing client reports and data upon request of the advisor for research purposes and data verification.
- Entering data into Financial Planning software.
- Creating spreadsheets and other documents.
- Conducting research on specific investments or strategies.
- Attendance at all Research Committee meetings.
- Producing reports from software programs Morningstar, Black Diamond, Y-Charts etc.
- Communication with vendors and help desks to troubleshoot and resolve issues and problems with output.
- Maintain a written record of delegated tasks and history of completion.
- Assisting Advisor and Staff at client events and other functions.
- Develop and maintain written systems of all activities.
- Attend all training, research and information meetings.
- Phone back-up to staff.
- CFP© certification or defined track to completion of the certification.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to progress on various projects and meet deadlines consistently.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other software programs.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work with team members and vendors with regard data procurement, trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and priorities at one time
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines
Hours and Benefits:
Role may be part time or full time at the discretion of the advisor. Full time employees would be eligible for benefits in effect at the time. Potential for advancement to level of Relationship Manager with tenure and continuing aptitude improvement.
RBF Wealth Advisors is a registered investment advisor under the regulation of the Securities and Exchange Commission and FINRA. The firm was founded in 1984 and primarily serves families, businesses and small institutions across the United States providing financial planning, retirement planning, risk management, and investment management. To learn more visit www.rbfadvisors.net.