The Senior Wealth Advisor is responsible for the delivery of wealth management services to our most complex client relationships. This individual will have a broad and deep understanding of sophisticated wealth management practices and investment strategies.
The Senior Wealth Advisor is responsible for the development, implementation and management of financial and investment plans specifically designed to achieve client needs and objectives, constantly monitoring client circumstances and recommending plan amendments as necessary.
Serve as the primary client contact/agent for approximately 20-25 of NAM’s largest and most complex client relationships.
- Assess client’s overall financial picture and risk tolerance on an ongoing basis.
- Discuss investment performance, economic and market trends.
- Develop, execute and manage a customized financial service plan for each relationship.
- Coordinate all aspects of each relationship -financial planning, investment management, estate planning, and tax planning, as applicable.
- Plan, facilitate and lead client review meetings.
- Prepare presentations to clients on financial and tax planning options and opportunities.
- Achieve and maintain functional technical skills, beyond familiarity and awareness, necessary to justify the client’s trust and dependence on the Senior Wealth Advisor. Maintain any related licenses in good order (CFP, CPA, and CFA).
- Serve as a mentor for less experienced Wealth Advisors and Relationship Managers.
- Develop knowledge of the client’s entire financial and family situation to be able to structure a goals-based financial and investment plan.
- Discuss estate planning ideas with internal and external resources.
- Understand and coordinate income tax planning and work with client’s tax advisors.
- Understand insurance needs and coordinate with outside resources.
- Evaluate and discuss options to meet client’s philanthropic goals.
- Establish client investment objectives, including risk tolerance, asset allocation and cash requirements.
- Develop an investment policy statement (IPS) for each client, based on client objectives.
- Collaborate with the Investment team to implement investment plans.
- Monitor performance and provide insights to clients regarding key contributors and detractors.
- Monitor asset allocation; evaluate need to rebalance accounts.
- Review client portfolio issues (taxes, liquidity, capital calls, etc.)
- Identify and present alternative investment ideas to client.
- Effectively articulate NAM’s financial planning and investment capabilities to clients and potential clients.
- Identify, develop and enhance relationships with Centers of Influence (e.g. CPAs, attorneys, insurance experts).
- Assist with the firm’s business and promotional initiatives with potential clients and key professional partners.
- Build referral sources within NAM’s existing client base.
- Write periodic articles for client newsletters and other social media opportunities.
- Planning and Organization: Develops plans and goals that align with and support the firm, identifies tasks critical to business success, and effectively manages time to achieve success. Handles multiple demands and competing priorities successfully and delegates appropriately.
- Problem Solving: Identifies, researches and analyzes problems; determines solutions and alternatives, thinks and acts quickly and effectively in a variety of situations; solves the problem while maintaining a balance between the time invested, the amount of information needed and the magnitude of the problem; evaluates the short and long-term consequences of decisions.
- Influencing Others: Assesses the current situation and adapts to the interpersonal style to suit the target audience; makes recommendations based on the desire to achieve a specific impact or course of action; seeks mutually beneficial solutions; obtains cooperation from others.
- Building Effective Relationships: Identifies opportunities to build strategic partnerships with individuals in other areas of the business in an effort to achieve business goals and needs.
- Business/Investment Acumen: Understands and utilizes economic, financial and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and opportunities; develops and incorporates an understanding of the competitive marketplace as well as an awareness of economic, social, and political trends that impact the business. Exhibits a commitment to life-long learning to perform at the highest levels of competency.