Teamwork. Training. Hard work. Fun. It’s part of what has made the Northwestern Mutual internship program a Top Ten Internship for the past 21 years in a row (Vault Guide to Internships, 2017 Edition.).
As an intern, you will be a part of the Northwestern Mutual team, working side-by-side with mentors, financial representatives, investment specialists, Wealth Management Advisors and insurance specialists to make recommendations to help clients achieve their short and long term financial goals.
When you join our financial representative internship program, you'll be supported by a team of people in one of our local network offices that will:
- Help you master our personalized planning process to provide financial solutions tailored to each client’s needs over his or her lifetime.
- Help you build on your classroom learning and develop lifelong skills.
- Work with your school schedule, with internships that are available to full-time students either full time during the summer or part time during the school year.
We have opportunities for the Fall, Spring and Summer. We currently have internship positions available in all of our offices: Chicago- River North, Downers Grove, Naperville or Schaumburg.
What YOU Gain:
· Obtain licenses in risk management with opportunity for Series 6 and 63 licensing
· Head start for the Financial Advisor career and full time opportunities available upon graduation
· Opportunities to develop networking and business relationship skills
· Flexible work schedule
· Leadership/Management opportunities available
· Business professional experience for your resume