Financial / Reporting Analyst
Your job as a Wealth Strategy Associate is a critical one in support of the FDG Group, a 14 person team of financial professionals providing investment consulting services to institutions and high net-worth individuals. The two main functions of the role include developing, and reporting on, client investment strategies and providing ongoing client service. One of the primary responsibilities will be to develop and produce quarterly client reviews based on tailored plans and strategies established in partnership by you and the lead consultant for the client by leveraging your respective knowledge of financial analysis and basic principles of investing. You have knowledge of the financial markets and the analysis and reporting of financial data. You are analytical, detail and service oriented. You effectively communicate information and work well with a team. While this is primarily a position for someone who is detail oriented and has an analytical mind, interacting with clients is also an important part of the job description.
Key Tasks The key tasks include the following:
- Support FAs as needed in client relationship building and business development activities
- Actively participate in prospect and client meetings (e.g., gather relevant information needed to ensure an understanding of client's / prospective client's current financial situation, investment objectives/goals and risk tolerance, present tailored proposals and plans)
- Actively participate in proactive client outreach in anticipating impacts on client’s portfolio and making recommendations for changes
- Coordinate scheduling client meetings and quarterback miscellaneous client deliverables and follow up items
- Meet with investment wholesalers and evaluate new products for team consideration
- Periodically deliver financial education presentations to groups of employees regarding financial literacy, retirement plans and other general financial wellness topics
- Develop quarterly reviews for clients / prospects for review by FAs.
- Develop customized asset allocation strategy and investment s for client / prospect for review by FAs.
- Research new investment options for consideration by clients and FA’s.
- Analyze and interpret portfolio performance reports, in conjunction with information gathered from research and other external parties, and make recommendations for change.
- Analyze the risks and advantages/disadvantages of various client investment opportunities in light of the client's individual financial circumstances.
- Develop financial presentations for client education, prospect finals and vendor analysis
- Prepare supporting materials and sample reports that can be used repeatedly in client and prospective client meetings.
- Perform business analytics, as needed, to support FAs in the growth of business (e.g., business plan, identify client opportunities, segmentation, etc.)
- Proactively develop self to continuously improve knowledge, skills and credentials and communicate development needs to the team.
- Work effectively as part of a busy professional team.
- Desired to pursue advanced designations such as the CFP / CIMA/ CFA which would be encouraged and financially supported by our firm.
The FDG Group is a nationally recognized team of 14 professionals with a private client business as well as an institutional consulting business. We advise on $9B+. We have maintained a history of growth as well as continued expansion of our team which has led to upward mobility for our newer teammates.
This is not a business development position in disguise. However, it could be, but doesn’t have to be, a path to becoming a full advisor in the future.