7 days left
- CFP® Certification
Merriman is searching for an exceptional person to join our team as a partner track Wealth Advisor. The person filling this position will serve our higher net worth clients with complex tax, estate, and investment topics with help from our team of junior wealth advisors, associate advisors, and client service associates. The person who fills this position will have an immediate opportunity to serve clients, utilize their technical expertise, and contribute to the growth of the firm with the potential to progress into leadership opportunities within our advisory team. We are highly selective in choosing team members and seek a unique individual who has a driving passion for engaging with and taking care of clients, strong technical knowledge, is interested in helping the firm bring our wealth management process to more clients, and will make Merriman an amazing place to work. We are a well-established and expanding wealth management firm that needs people who will grow with us, personally and professionally.
As a Wealth Advisor, your role will be taking care of our current clients and finding and taking new clients through our Discovery process. You and your support team will work directly with our clients to understand and help them achieve their financial goals including:
- Meeting with them on a regular basis to talk about changes in the financial situation, to answer their questions, and to review their investment performance
- Performing ongoing financial planning for them including cash flow, income, tax, estate, and charitable giving
- Interfacing with their professional team of accountant(s), attorney(s), and insurance professionals
- Collaborating with the Research department to discuss and customize their investments
Bringing the benefits of our wealth management process to more clients and increasing the scope and depth of our services is an important part of the role. You will be expected to:
- Actively seek referrals from current clients and COIs
- Develop and maintain a professional network in areas such as estate and tax planning
- Research and create articles, blog posts, and videos on financial planning topics
Wealth advisors are leaders in the firm and help embody our values including:
- Mentoring and supporting the development of your fellow advisors and associates
- Actively working to improve and expand the financial planning services that we offer clients and expanding their professional knowledge
- Being active in the community and being of service to those around them
You will need to comprehend the details of our investment strategies, our proprietary investment process, investment products and programs, and the asset allocation tools that we use. You will be responsible for providing trade instructions for your clients’ accounts as well as cultivating relationships with professionals to serve on networking teams.
We opened our doors in 1983 and quickly learned that wealth management is not just about managing money. It’s about helping people the way we would want to be helped.
Today we manage approximately $2.5 billion in investments in three locations around the Pacific Northwest, giving ongoing advice to thousands of clients across the country. We seek to provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management to anyone seeking professional advice on one of the most important aspects of their lives. We were founded on the principal that everyone deserves transparent, unbiased advice that is best for them at a cost that they can afford. We continue to strive to provide that every day in serving a wide range of clients from mid-career professionals to retirees with assets from $250,000 to >$20M who share our belief that everyone deserves to live fully.
First and foremost, we are seeking a candidate who loves working with people, is analytical and detail oriented, is a great team player and collaborator. The candidate must have previous experience providing financial advice in the financial services industry and a Certified Financial Planner CFP® designation. The ideal candidate would have at least 10 years of experience, expertise in tax and complex financial planning, and one or more advanced certifications.
Candidates applying should have demonstrated the following attributes:
- Deep technical knowledge in financial planning
- History of delivering exceptional service as a wealth advisor
- Excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence
- Professional poise, patience, understanding and tact especially when working with clients who are under stress
- Experience leading a small team and desire to develop their leadership skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize among multiple projects
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- High self-motivation and a commitment to continuously learning and growing
The job is located in Seattle, Washington. Normal hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may be asked to occasionally attend a client event outside of normal business hours.
This position works in a high-rise office environment. The position requires sitting, standing and mobility throughout the office. Ability to use common office products (phone, fax, PC and related software) is necessary to perform this job. The ability to communicate clearly and professionally is vital.
We offer a team-based, safe, positive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow into new responsibilities and to accept new challenges. Our pay is competitive, and our benefits include a co-funded retirement plan, medical coverage and much more.
As a result of the environment we strive to create for our staff, our employee turnover is very low. In the interest of our employee’s health, we are a non-smoking firm.
To apply, please visit our website at www.merriman.com/jobs where you will be prompted to complete our online application process. We look forward to hearing from you.