3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Description – Portfolio Counselor
Osborne Partners Capital Management offers the unique combination of sophisticated portfolio management and active financial planning. OPCM has an over 80 year history and manages over $1.6 billion in client assets as of 6/30/2020. Our employees are smart, experienced, and hardworking individuals without egos. Our Portfolio Counselors are an important part of our offering. PC’s are the client relationship managers at Osborne Partners, providing portfolio management and financial planning guidance through phone conversations, email, and face-to-face meetings with our sophisticated clients. Portfolio Counselors are assigned existing and new OPCM clients with the goal of building long-term relationships and matching our long-term client retention of 99%. There are no business development requirements for PCs. Portfolio Counselors reach out to clients proactively, explaining the firm’s current economic outlook, educating clients on our investment philosophy, and addressing any financial planning questions or needs raised by clients. Additionally, Portfolio Counselors work to grow their client service base through additions and referrals from existing clients. This position can be based out of either of our offices: San Francisco or Menlo Park, CA.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 7+ years of investment industry experience (hopefully being the main point of contact for clients)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation is required (ideally 5+ years experience creating plans from start-to-finish)
- Very strong knowledge of finance and capital markets
- 4-year college degree with a preferred emphasis in economics, business, finance, accounting or similar field
- Strong abilities to multi-task, manage various client requests, prioritize
- Quality communication skills – listening to clients’ needs and breaking down complex financial concepts
- Articulate and charismatic with a highly professional work ethic
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the main point of contact for the firm’s clients (will be assigned ~100 clients/households over time)
- Conducting regular portfolio reviews with our clients (quarterly – phone/email/in-person)
- Working with our clients and the investment team to create appropriate asset allocations for clients’ multi-asset class portfolios.
- Creating financial plans for our clients through in-depth discussions (eMoney)
- Act as liaison between our clients, the investment team, and Client Service Specialists (operations/back-office support)
- Introducing our clients to our Wealth Center application, which offers holistic financial views
OPCM offers a strong compensation and benefits package. Compensation includes a competitive salary and numerous bonuses – note there is no compensation ceiling for this position depending on a PC’s work ethic, retention, and knack for client referrals. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision, along with 401K matching and a stock options plan.
To be considered for this position your resume must be accompanied by a cover letter summarizing your experience and why your background would be a good fit for the position. Please submit all documents including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for understanding that no phone calls will be taken for this position.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Apply for Portfolio Counselor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly