Associate Wealth Advisor
Associate Wealth Advisor
Bordeaux Wealth Advisors, LLC
Bordeaux Wealth Advisors is a premier investment advisory and wealth management firm with over $2.8 billion in assets under management across 150 families, with offices in Menlo Park CA and Bellevue WA. We act as personal CFOs for high net worth individuals and families in growing, preserving and transferring wealth. BWA is proud to be a member of Focus Financial Partners -- a partnership of approximately 60 elite wealth management firms, predominantly in the U.S.
Our mission is to serve as our clients’ most trusted advisor -- guiding them to achieve their financial goals and objectives -- and enabling them to achieve their ideal future. We take a holistic approach of one’s entire financial situation and deliver guidance on investment portfolio construction, income tax and cash flow planning, estate and wealth transfer, insurance and risk management, education and retirement planning, as well as philanthropic gifting.
BWA’s culture is centered on a relentless pursuit of excellence, integrity, honesty, intellectual rigor and curiosity, with a strong client service ethos. We are a proudly independent firm and believe deeply in putting our clients’ interests first.
The Associate Wealth Advisor is an integral member of the client service team working closely with the senior professionals of the firm to deliver exceptional advice and service to clients of BWA. The associate wealth advisor will support the firm’s Wealth Advisors and Lead Wealth Advisors by providing valuable information through financial analyses, investment portfolio construction, income tax planning and general research projects.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in wealth management or related disciplines such as investment planning, financial planning, tax planning and estate planning with a strong desire to build a successful long-term career in the wealth management industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
- Prepare agendas, reports, analyses and investment performance tracking for client meetings.
- Support the Lead Advisor in creating and assembling materials for client meetings.
- Assist in the execution of client recommendations.
- Run financial projections for clients using a sophisticated Excel financial model.
- Assist Partners and associates in the evaluation of client financial strategies and decisions by conducting complex financial analyses on a wide range of investment, tax, estate and financial planning topics.
- Perform general research in areas of investments, income tax planning, estate planning, impact of recent regulations, and financial markets to provide input to client-facing advisors.
- Manage workflow and prioritize projects.
The Associate Wealth Advisor position allows one to gain experience in many areas of financial planning and analysis ranging from:
- Investment Strategies
- Financial Modeling
- Asset Allocation
- Cash Flow
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Insurance Strategies
- Estate Planning
- Charitable Giving
REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, COMPENTENCIES & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting from a premier University with strong academic grades
- Relevant work experience is preferred
- CFP®, CPA or CFA® designation preferred, or working toward achieving
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Excel and a well-developed quantitative aptitude to develop models to analyze financial matters
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities and open projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Impeccable integrity and honesty – follows up and keeps promises
- Strong professional and personal references
- Successfully pass background checks
Apply for Associate Wealth Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly