Wealth Planning Associate
Ballentine Partners, LLC, is a leading independent investment and wealth management firm headquartered in the Boston area with additional offices in Florida and New Hampshire. Our client families rely on us to be their most trusted advisor and to manage all aspects of their complex financial lives. We are a team of over 90 professionals and our firm is known as a wonderful place to work. Our compensation philosophy and team structure foster a collegial work environment. We are unusual in the financial services industry in that we believe our employees’ having a balanced life makes them better at their work. We are proud that Pension & Investments named Ballentine Partners as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management in multiple years.
In this role the candidate will not only be responsible for the technical tasks below but will also have the opportunity to learn the soft skills necessary to be successful in their interactions with people at all levels.
Job responsibilities include:
- Designing and preparing client financial reports and exhibits for client meetings
- Collecting, compiling, and evaluating raw data from multiple sources to produce accurate financial summaries
- Contributing to strategic thinking on client team by identifying and elevating strategic planning issues and opportunities
- Identifying and researching client issues under supervision
- Handling special analyses and projects for client teams (estate flow diagramming, cash flow analysis, forecasting, etc.)
- Researching financial planning topics to enhance firm’s knowledge management resources
- Other duties as assigned
The right candidate will be someone who:
- Can learn new things quickly
- Can take initiative and act proactively (i.e., anticipates problems, raises suggestions)
- Can take direction from multiple sources and prioritize a variety of tasks daily
- Can work both independently and in a team structure with a diverse group of people
- Is highly organized with a very strong attention to detail
- Has high professional standards, judgment, and discretion
- Has strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Has excellent interpersonal & relationship skills including a positive attitude
A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred along with an interest in Wealth Management.
Ballentine Partners offers a wide array of benefits completely paid for by the firm including dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance as well as cost sharing on medical insurance. We offer extensive time off benefits including vacation time, unlimited personal sick time, paid family sick leave, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, community time off and so much more. We have a corporate matching program as well as support certifications and continuing education for our team members. On top of all this, Ballentine is a family friendly and flexible work environment. Our culture is collaborative and built on supporting each other to grow not only the business but each other as well.
For more information on our culture please view our Impact Report.
Ballentine Partners compensation is made up of a base salary and performance bonus. Performance bonuses are based upon company and personal performance and are paid out annually.
We will sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ballentine Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is based upon qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applications from those who share our commitment to promoting a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community.