Senior Financial Advisor
5 days left
- CFP® Certification
The Senior Financial Advisor will join the existing Financial Advisory team with a three-pronged focus. They will be
- client-focused, overseeing junior members of the financial advisory team and having ultimate accountability for delivering a high quality client experience in terms of deliverables and service,
- team-focused, working with fellow Senior Financial Advisors to train and nurture the professional growth of junior advisory team members, and
- firm-focused, playing an active role in supporting the firm’s marketing goals and participating in firm strategic initiatives to improve and grow the firm.
Goodman Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. We offer competitive salary and benefits including a 401(k), PTO, and insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability). A background and resume check will be performed prior to employment.
Why Goodman Financial Corporation?
Goodman Financial Corporation is an SEC-registered RIA firm providing personalized investment management and financial advisory services primarily to individuals, but also institutions such as endowments and foundations. The company is in the Galleria area and has been serving clients since 1989. We have been a fee-only firm since inception. No product sales. No dual-registration. The firm is committed to always doing what is right, not just in putting our clients’ interests ahead of our own, but also in how we value our employees and serve our community. While we are not a CPA firm, almost half of our team members are CPAs and we all share that CPA work ethic and commitment to integrity, unbiased thorough analysis, and attention to detail. We actively encourage and expect intellectual curiosity and a growth mindset from each of our team members, and we offer financial support for their professional growth. We hold all team members accountable to the clients, other team members, the firm, and to themselves. We believe that by embracing accountability in all aspects of what we do, we can achieve the ambitious goals set by and for the firm and for each team member. We humbly accept the trust our clients place in us by allowing us to manage their life savings, and we do not take that responsibility lightly. We are seeking a like-minded, qualified, and dedicated individual to join our team.
- Build strong relationships with clients through proactive and consistent communication
- Elicit referrals from existing clients by delivering an exceptional client experience
- Provide advanced level financial advice in areas such as retirement planning, tax-efficient distribution planning and investment strategies, Social Security claiming strategies, employer stock and option analysis, pension analysis, NUA strategies, estate planning, insurance review and analysis, investment planning, etc.
- Promote a culture of compliance within the advisory team by following and enforcing firm policies and procedures and all applicable compliance rules and regulations
- Manage and support the professional development of junior advisory team members
- Actively participate in industry/civic organizations
- Support firm marketing efforts
- Cultivate and maintain a referral source network, particularly in the CPA community
- Participate/lead firm strategic initiatives
- Oversee review of quarterly performance reports
- Oversee presentation preparation for client meetings
- Write occasional content for GFC’s newsletter, industry publications, and Social Media platforms
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably with an emphasis in financial planning, finance, accounting, or business
- CFP® designation
- Series 65 license must be acquired within 45 days of hire
- Minimum 7-10 years’ work experience providing financial planning advice
- Growth mindset
- Confident and professional
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of comfort with technology changes
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Intermediate to highly proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with a financial advisory or investment firm (or CPA firm providing financial advisory services) a plus
- CPA license is a plus
- Prior experience with a Salesforce-based CRM system and Black Diamond (BD3) a plus
- Prior experience with TD Ameritrade institutional and Charles Schwab institutional platforms a plus
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter that includes a short paragraph that describes a time when you demonstrated that you do not take the responsibility of managing a client’s life savings lightly. In your email, please include in the subject line “Senior Financial Advisor” and your first and last name.
About Goodman Financial Corporation
Goodman Financial Corporation is a Texas-owned, fee-only investment management and financial advisory firm that has no affiliation with any insurance company, bank, mutual fund or brokerage firm. Our independent model and high ethical standards keep us focused on keeping our clients’ goals as our top priority in all the investment decisions that we make. We actively manage individual stocks and bonds in customized investment portfolios which provides greater flexibility, tax-efficiency, and lower expenses to our clients. Our investment management clients also receive comprehensive financial planning, covering applicable areas relevant to each client, with particular focus on tax efficiency in portfolio structure, accumulation, and distribution. Additionally, risk management plays a key part in both the financial advisory and investment decisions that we make. As an additional safeguard to our clients, investment assets are held by insured, third-party custodians.
Apply for Senior Financial Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly