Wealth Management Analyst at Wealthstream Advisors, Inc.
4 days left
- CFP® Certification
Job Title: Wealth Management Analyst
The Wealth Management Analyst provides technical and analytical support for the Senior Advisors of Wealthstream Advisors. Such support includes financial planning analysis, identification of client needs/obstacles, development of recommendations, investment research / portfolio analysis, and preparation for client/prospect meetings. An Analyst participates in client meetings with Senior Advisors and completes the follow up work from client meetings. This is an entry level role with a clear career path for advancement. CFP® designation preferred. Otherwise, exam must be passed within the first year with the firm.
- Analyze client assets, income, cash needs, and goals.
- Complete cash flow projections with alternative scenarios, including insurance needs analyses.
- Identify client Financial Planning issues/deficiencies related to Retirement Planning, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Insurance (Life, Disability and Long Term Care), etc. and provide recommendations/solutions for addressing these issues.
- Execute recommendations/solutions by managing/facilitating implementation of agreed upon action items.
- Attend client meetings. Responsible for meeting preparation, meeting participation, taking detailed notes, and working with Senior Advisor and Operations Team to follow-up on all outstanding items. Meeting preparation includes the running of performance reports using Orion and updating drafts of Estimated Net Worth in E-Money.
- Prepare/create Advanced Planning Mind Maps detailing total client picture/profile.
- Prepare periodic reports, statements and other documents as requested by Senior Advisors.
- Provide investment recommendations based on rebalancing and tax loss harvesting opportunities in client accounts. Also provide recommendations in instances of cash withdrawals/additions. All trading recommendations should take into consideration the tax implications to the client.
- Review all trades (post-trade) to ensure trade affected properly and accurately.
- Review (daily) Prior Day Client account transactions.
- Analyze prospect/client outside accounts and create second opinion analyses using Morningstar Direct and additional resources.
- Research and develop new and improved client presentation tools.
- Monitor existing client investment vehicles/portfolios.
- Participation in internal firm Estate Planning, Investment, and Financial Planning meetings/committees.
- For Investment Committee, work with team to:
- Examine new asset classes and investment vehicles to determine if appropriate for clients. Preparation of memos to the investment committee to make a portfolio recommendation.
- Review and research asset class universes’ on annual basis and/or as needed.
- Carry out Wealthstream Advisors’ investment philosophy in setting up, monitoring and maintaining client portfolios.
- Perform monthly/quarterly review of investment vehicles and provide reports to Senior Advisors.
- Research law changes and new developments in aforementioned fields and help recommend/implement new firm policies based on current environment.
- Assist in firm marketing.
- Bachelors Degree (in Finance, Financial Planning, Accounting or Economics preferred).
- 1-4 yrs. experience in Financial Planning, Tax Preparation, Asset Management, or related field.
- CFP® Designation preferred. If not already acquired, CFP® certification will be required within 1st year of joining firm. Additional certifications are encouraged.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytic and communication (written and verbal) skills are a must.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comprehensive investment knowledge is preferred.
- Related internship preferred.
Expectations to Master Role:
- 3 years experience
- Pass CFP® exam
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Y Charts, Fidelity Wealthscape, TD Ameritrade Veo, Schwab Advisor, Orion, Junxure and E-Money.
- Responsible for meeting preparation, attending client meetings and taking clear notes.
- Ability to complete client cash flow projections.
- Develop understanding of firm investment philosophy
- Ability to rebalance client portfolios in Orion.
- Ability to identify client plan deficiencies and identify solutions
- Assist Senior Advisors with data analysis and manage special projects.
- Understanding of compliance rules and regulations.
Apply for Wealth Management Analyst at Wealthstream Advisors, Inc.
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly