Financial Planning Associate
The Financial Planning Associate supports and works closely with our Financial Planning-focused Wealth Advisors, performing a variety of tasks with a focus on financial planning.
- With Advisor oversight, gather and organize data, prepare financial plans, run scenarios, income projections, and portfolio projections; prepare presentations and discuss results with Advisor.
- Attend planning prep presentation meetings with Advisors.
- Coordinate annual review of plans with Advisors.
- Assist in developing and presenting new Financial Planning topics and materials to all Advisors.
- Research new ideas and tools to define and enhance our financial planning practice.
- Assist Advisors with managing client relationships.
- Interface with clients under direction of Advisors via telephone and email, providing them with assistance regarding their accounts.
- Accompany Advisors to client meetings to review financial plans and accounts in a supporting and learning role.
- Accompany Advisors to prospect meetings in a supporting and learning role.
- Assist Advisors in constructing portfolios according to client investment policy statement and firm policies.
- Manage centralized trading and monitoring process for identified accounts.
- Assist Advisors in monitoring asset allocation and cash balances relative to target asset allocation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- 3+ Years of relevant experience in the financial services/investment advisory industry.
- Certified Financial Planner® designation or in the process of obtaining within the next one – two years.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with CRM, portfolio management and documentation management software.
- Working knowledge of eMoney planning software.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and familiarity with mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Collaborative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Committed to providing superior client service.