Lead Advisor - New Markets (Chicago)
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you naturally curious, comfortable working in a team-based environment, and committed to exceeding client expectations? If so, we should talk. We are expanding to new markets and looking for Lead Advisors who have their CFP® and a passion for helping clients. We're looking to expand to Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Tampa, Atlanta, Raleigh Durham, Boston, and Philadelphia currently.
Who are we? Brighton Jones is one of the nation’s fastest-growing RIA’s headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Over the past 20 years our team-based approach, relentless focus in evolving our service model, and operational foundation has enabled us to grow 100% organically from a 2 person start-up to a 180 person enterprise, helping over 2,000 families and advising on over $8B in assets. Creating and maintaining an incredible culture is our secret sauce and our goal is to make sure each of our teammates loves working here, what they do, who they do it with, and who they do it for.
Here’s where you come in: as part of our mission to help clients, colleagues, and the global community live a richer life, we’re ready to extend our reach to new markets. We want you to embody our culture, serving clients, and leveraging our centralized client experience, marketing, business development, and operations teams.
- Work with existing clients (where applicable) and onboard new clients; lead the client relationship, deliver an exceptional experience, and design, implement and manage the wealth management plan that supports their passions and purpose - their “Life Plan”
- Lead a local service team with deep collaboration to ensure client retention and satisfaction is high with a relentless focus on remarkable service.
- Leverage internal and external resources to achieve client objectives in such areas as Investment Management, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Risk Management and General Planning
- Communicate our unique value proposition to prospective clients and work to establish Brighton Jones as their trusted financial advisor
- Develop and expand relationships within the community
- Develop relationships with custodial retail branches in collaboration with the national team
- Represent Brighton Jones at public speaking events including community events, industry events, etc.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Candidates must have a four-year degree and the CFP designation
- 6+ years in financial and/or estate planning related work, preferably at a professional financial services company or wealth management firm
- Expertise in estate, tax, retirement, insurance, investment, and cash flow/capital needs planning analysis
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter by nature
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, as well as interacting with tight-knit team of professionals with a range of financial and tax activities.
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.