Portfolio & Relationship Manager
Portfolio & Relationship Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona (some travel required)
Status: Full-time, exempt
Why we exist – Freedom To Live An Inspired Life®. As a disciplined, thoughtful steward of assets, we give both our clients and our team this freedom. CIP is a boutique family office specializing in global multi-asset class portfolio management, financial planning and overall wealth management. As one of Arizona’s largest independent RIAs, we serve clients in over 30 states from Hawai’i to the east coast. Our private client relationships begin at $2 million. Our institutional work includes managing retirement plans for business owners and serving as an SMA manager for other advisors and their clients.
The successful candidate will assume relationship management for a substantial book of private client business. They also have a role on the investment committee and help guide investment policy decisions for the firm. Managing and rebalancing individual multi-asset class portfolios is an element of the work.
Relationship Management deliverables include;
- Working with the current advisor to transition clients.
- Retaining private client relationships through excellent service.
- Coordinating financial planning and insurance needs with internal colleagues to develop holistic custom plans for clients.
- Collaborating with our client’s tax, legal and other professional advisors to provide comprehensive and aligned financial services.
- Expand client relationships to the next generation.
Portfolio Management deliverables include;
- Participation on our investment committee and responsibility for executing the firm’s investment philosophy and policies.
- Monitoring, rebalancing and trading for assigned client portfolios.
- Craft Investment Policy Statements and transition plans.
- Lead or share in client meetings, guide portfolio and strategy reviews.
- Provide investment education to clients.
- Represent the firm in the community with Centers of Influence.
Our Portfolio & Relationship Manager;
- Embraces our Growth-At-A-Reasonable-Price (GARP) discipline.
- Has advanced analytical and quantitative skills, with demonstrated sound judgment in research, managing portfolios and in working with clients.
- Possesses superior technical, written and verbal skills.
- Works well both independently and collegially.
- Has skill with both financial models in Microsoft Excel and presentations in PowerPoint.
- Is well organized, with very high attention to detail.
- Exemplifies the highest professional standards and integrity.
- Exhibits a fiduciary mentality, always acting in the client’s interest and maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
- Has experience with portfolio management software tools.
Education & Experience
We seek individuals with:
- The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) professional designations.
- Series 65 or 66 licenses.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an investment analysis, portfolio manager or relationship management role.
- Trust and/or ERISA experience and knowledge is a plus.
- Candidates with client assets to bring are highly valued.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Salary and Benefits
- Base salary commensurate with experience.
- Performance-based incentive pay.
- Benefits including health care, dental, vision and 401(k).
- Some remote work is acceptable.
- Partial financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education and other education/training opportunities.
- A wonderful growth-oriented culture with exceptional colleagues.
Capital Insight Partners, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that background and other checks and testing is part of our pre-hire due diligence process.
Candidates should contact Steve Nelson, CFA. firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Portfolio & Relationship Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly