Financial Analyst for an independent Wealth Management Firm
The Firm: Brownson, Rehmus & Foxworth, Inc. provides independent, comprehensive financial counseling and investment advice to wealthy families and individuals. Founded in 1969, the firm has over 50 professionals in Chicago, New York, and Atlanta and manages over $5 billion in assets. We serve as the primary financial advisor for over four hundred ultra-high net worth clients and their families.
The Position: We are looking for a financial analyst/associate to join our Chicago Team. The position responsibilities include:
- demonstrating a high level of quality client service to prospects and clients with a keen awareness of their financial needs;
- assembling, analyzing, and developing written presentations aimed at assisting clients in making appropriate financial decisions;
- managing data requests and performance reporting;
- monitoring clients’ financial situations with detail and accuracy;
- drafting follow-up correspondence to client meetings, as applicable;
- participating in BRF committee initiatives and special projects; and,
- delivering data analysis from various financial industry software, including custodial platforms, CRM software, and portfolio management software.
The scope of this role is broad and includes: exposure to investments, estate planning, tax strategy, budgeting, retirement planning, charitable giving, etc. as we serve as the “chief financial officer” for our clients thereby responding to a wide range of client financial needs. Client contact will be modest, focusing on information gathering by telephone and email and occasionally joining client presentations primarily in Chicago. A strong desire to attain a Certified Financial Planner® (CFP) designation within 2-4 years is preferred.
Qualifying Skills: The successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Intellectual Curiosity and Problem Solving: Strong analytical skills, interest, and aptitude. A solid analytical background combined with excellent computer and software skills (esp. Excel) are important. An ability to use analysis to develop alternatives that result in a recommendation is critical, demonstrating consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity.
- Attention to detail and quality work product are required. An ability to execute best practices and generate new approaches to problem solving to produce sensible, realistic, and practical work product.
- Technical Skills/Financial: A basic understanding of finance, accounting and economics is helpful. The ability to learn and grasp basic financial instruments (stocks, bonds, etc.) is a strong plus.
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills are important. It is critical that the client understands our analysis and recommendations. Proficiency with Word and PowerPoint are required.
- Personal: Our work takes place in teams and with sophisticated high net worth clients. The ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and within deadlines is expected. A high degree of confidentiality is required.
- Teamwork: We constantly work in teams both on client assignments and on firm wide projects. The ability to demonstrate good “team” skills and successful relations with clients and colleagues is required.
- Education: BA or BBA required. An accounting, business administration, finance or economics major is a plus. A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel is important.
- Work Experience: 1 – 3 years prior work experience in a related financial services role is preferred.
- Innovation; creativity
- Ethical, sound moral character (integrity)
- Professional demeanor
- Listening skills; strong communication skills
- Customer focus
- Detail orientation
- Eager to work with complex situations
- Able to work easily with concepts and data
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate
Benefits: Profit sharing, 401(k), employee medical, etc.
Apply for Financial Analyst for an independent Wealth Management Firm
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly