Family Office Client Service Associate
The main purpose of the Client Service Associate position is to service all administrative activities related to
clients’ financial lives. In addition, this person is tasked with creating, implementing, and executing on
various financial planning strategies for clients. The main goal of the role is to create a trusted relationship
with the client, other advisors, families, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Service Associate
• Be an active participant of a dynamic client service team, solving complex family office problems
• Participate in brainstorming sessions on complex client strategies.
• Manage detailed execution of complex tax, estate, investment, entity, etc. strategies.
• Support Accounting Analysts in client bill pay requests, ensuring timely and accurate payments.
• Facilitate and/or assist in client meeting preparation and follow-up, including attendance of client
• Perform cash flow and financial planning analyses, including reviewing clients’ cash, liquid, illiquid,
etc. holdings and investment allocations.
• Communicate with clients in a professional, clear and concise manner
• Complete special projects as requested.
• Coordinate with third parties including: brokerage firms, banks, accountants, insurance agents,
attorneys, trustees, real estate agents, etc.
• Assist with client tax planning and annual tax return preparation including gathering tax documents
for clients’ accountants, processing payments of income and property taxes, and overall
• Coordinate private client loans by managing promissory notes, tracking loan activity, and providing
clients and accountants with status updates.
• Explain execution processes and activities to clients, outside advisors and/or other third parties.
• Deal with unique situations and requests by working with client and other team members on
• Analyze, manage, execute and follow-up on cashiering requests including checks, wires, deposits,
journals and ACH transfers.
• Manage and maintain the organization of client information within financial planning systems, CRM
databases, online filing cabinets, etc.
• Work with the internal team to ensure reports and personal/business financials are accurate.
• Prepare needed forms for new bank, brokerage and bill pay accounts, obtaining signatures and
following-up on account setup as needed.
• Assist with establishing various entities for clients filing/ tracking necessary paperwork related to
those entities (primarily LLCs and Trusts).
• Manage clients’ private investments by preparing forms as needed, following-up on documentation,
notifying various third parties, and coordinating with clients.
• Ensure timely insurance renewals and payments for clients.
IWP Family Office supports a distinct group of individuals and families from across the country and from
varying backgrounds including Entrepreneurs, Technology Pioneers, Real Estate and Financial
Professionals, Athletes, and Industry Leaders. We understand how to create, grow and build success. We
recognize that when the daily tangle is unwound, we are free to focus on the joys and aspirations of a life
We value your story, how you got here and where you are going. We work diligently to build and maintain
the appropriate structures, tools and support for every client’s uniquely evolving financial universe, and we
have a story of our own. We founded IWP in 2005 to fill a void of services that we personally experienced
as clients. Everyone wanted to manage our money – no one wanted to help with the often confusing and
time-consuming realities of having wealth. With more than a decade of service to families across the
country, we possess the knowledge, experience, and skills that are vital to creating and managing multiple
complex family offices.
To us, “family office” is not an add-on, it’s who we are!