Wealth Advisor, Director
As a purpose-driven wealth management company, Baker Avenue recognizes the importance of supporting financial wellness and success in our clients and our communities. We do this through our world-class impact investment strategies and an inclusive impact programming series. At Baker Avenue, we are firmly rooted in our commitment to diversity and values-based excellence through exceptional client service and community stewardship.
Founded in 2004, BakerAvenue is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in NYC & Dallas. A premier Wealth Management firm serving individuals, families & foundations with holistic wealth management, including financial planning, trust and estate, taxation and philanthropy services.
We are seeking a professional who is passionate about helping people live a richer life with impact, are energized by growing teams and love inspiring others to do their best work. This role will collaborate within a four-person team. The position requires an individual who has a thorough knowledge of the financial services business and who is committed to being part of a team that delivers comprehensive wealth management solutions and provides outstanding service to prospects, clients, and partners.
This position will be based out of our New York office.
- Deliver tailored investment and comprehensive wealth management solutions to clients by collaborating with strategic partners to design, implement and manage their portfolio
- Assess client’s overall financial picture, understand their needs and develop a solid financial plan and portfolio strategy
- Prepare customized proposals for clients and prospective clients
- Assists in the development of complex and highly customized financial portfolios
- Collaborate with the Advisor and Investment Management Committee to deliver investment recommendations
- Develop asset allocations to meet clients’ risk profile and time horizon
- Knowledge of key financial, investment and risk management concepts to be able to lead client meetings
- Co-manage and provide leadership within the team
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFP® required and other credentials a plus
- 3-5+ years experience of financial planning on behalf of clients
- Experience in business development is a plus
- Confidence to work directly with senior leaders and high-net worth clients
- Proven success solving problems and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable, organized and deadline driven
- Dedicated, goal-oriented, and able to work well in a self-directed and collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
BakerAvenue Wealth Management's commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.