Senior Financial Advisor
- CFP® Certification
Great career opportunity to become a part of one of Connecticut’s “Best Places to Work”, a well-established, independent, fee-only registered investment advisory firm. Connecticut Wealth Management offers its 35+ teammates opportunities for growth, work-life balance, and a cohesive, fun-loving firm culture. Our organization is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Advisor to service our clients by managing their comprehensive financial plans. Client management at CTWM is team-based, with each team being comprised of junior and senior advisors and administrative support. There are no “book of business” divisions between various advisory teams within the firm. Senior Financial Advisors are initially responsible for leading client relationships, managing their team, and eventually developing new business for the firm.
- Gather and analyze data to advise clients on all aspects of their financial lives. Ensure appropriate and thorough recommendations are made for all elements of a client's plan.
- After building relationships with clients and learning the firm, be the first point of contact for client communication leading meetings, calls, and various other interactions with clients.
- Show deep understanding of clients’ goals, needs, and satisfaction to proactively service and develop personal relationships with them.
- Prepare and deliver planning-related information/presentations that are accurate, relevant, and engaging for the audience.
- Demonstrate independence and ability in working with clients.
- Proactively oversee and abide by client curriculum and firm’s service standards for all team’s clients.
- Manage relationships with clients' other advisors, including attorneys, CPAs, and insurance brokers to ensure a fully integrated financial plan.
- Manage and motivate a team of service and support advisors. Responsibilities will eventually include mentoring and developing junior advisory team members.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously ensuring all team members are communicating and completing their work in an accurate and timely manner.
- Delegate work appropriately, understanding which tasks to do versus delegate, and convey urgency and expectations clearly and effectively.
- Set and maintain high standards of quality and efficiency for team.
- Present and receive constructive feedback to help self, team, and firm improve.
- Act as a role model for junior advisors.
- Operate in a manner that is consistent with the firm’s values of Collaboration, Integrity, Authenticity, Empathy, Supportiveness, Competency, Positivity, and Drive/Grit.
- Direct participation in the firm’s Investment Committee.
- Annual participation in national conferences, CE courses, and continuing education opportunities.
- Pursue potential business development opportunities in professional and social settings.
- Maintain relationships with attorneys, CPAs, or other professional partners for business development purposes.
- Set a positive example in balancing professional responsibilities with personal life. Be available to clients outside of normal working hours for extraordinary circumstances.
- CFP or PFS required.
- 5-10 years of relevant client facing and planning experience.
- Advanced knowledge of investments, insurance, income taxes, estate planning & financial planning concepts and their integration in a financial plan.
- Ability to discuss and present and complex ideas to others in understandable terms.
- Exceptional listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with eMoney is a plus.
Apply for Senior Financial Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly