Financial Planning Resident
2 days left
- CFP® Certification
About the Position
The Financial Planning Resident position is a unique opportunity structured to fast track your career in the fee-only, full-service financial planning community. You will apply the academic knowledge you have acquired from your studies at a CFP Board-registered program through vital real-world projects involving investments, estate, tax, retirement, and insurance planning along with developing close relationships as you help clients achieve their goals. All this will position you to pass the CFP® exam, earn your designation, and to thrive as a financial planning practitioner. You will be supported by a team of experienced CFP® professionals on every step of your journey. FPA membership, attendance at conferences, and other internal and external training opportunities are all part of your superlative Financial Planning Resident experience.
The Financial Planning Resident position lasts approximately three years. Upon completion of the program, an outstanding candidate will be qualified to join an established financial planning firm in a lead planner capacity or start their own planning practice. As a “graduating” Resident, you will have the full support of our team as you vet and select your next opportunity.
- Support Lead Financial Planners in all facets of the client relationship including timely execution of planning projects and ownership of meeting preparation and follow-up action items
- Aid in the creation and implementation of advance planning strategies in the areas of tax, estate, risk management, college, retirement, and investments
- Craft investment plans, develop implementation strategies, and participate in the ongoing monitoring of portfolios
- Participate in business development through the discovery and onboarding process for new clients
- Communicate regularly with clients via phone, email, and in-person
- Participate in short and long-term success of the firm through weekly team meetings and quarterly strategic planning meetings
- Write content for the blog digest and other related publications
- Support Client Services Manager in the execution of operational-related tasks
- Unwavering dedication to ethics and professionalism
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and have completed a CFP Board Registered Program (or be near completion)
- Enthusiastic commitment to the financial planning profession and its community
- Demonstrate an ability to verbalize and write with confidence and clarity
- Excel in working with team members and working individually
- Hunger to learn and strive for growth
- We work hard and have fun together—egos must be checked at the door!
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and short essay answers (all three are required to apply) to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through Monday, November 30th.
Short-Essay Questions (500 word or less per question):
- Why do you want to work for Inspired Financial? And/or Why do you want to work with women in transition?
- What would you bring to Inspired Financial that is unique and special?
- What would you need from Inspired Financial to reach your highest potential?
- What is the most interesting thing you know about Huntington Beach, CA?
Apply for Financial Planning Resident
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly