Facet is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique planner model allow us to deliver high quality financial planning services to the 33 million mass affluent households in the US. As a company, our goals are to:
- Help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously unavailable to them
- Build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management services are delivered
- Create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating
Our Promise to You
- A-players: Life is too short to work with people who aren’t rockstars
- Data Wins: We are objective to a fault
- Integrity: Helping people with their money requires incredible trust. We do not take this lightly.
- Everyone Has a Voice: Great ideas can come from anywhere. We will always listen
- Continuous Improvement: we commit to always asking how we can be better, in everything that we do (including the hiring process!)
What we Believe
- We’re here to deliver amazing client experiences. No matter the role at Facet, we are all 100% committed to excellence in service of our clients.
- Every single member of our team needs to be an active participant in helping to improve and evolve our business. We take great pride in being the stakeholders and builders of our destiny
- Perfection is the enemy of progress. We rapidly iterate to learn as quickly as possible.
- Change is not only something we tolerate, but something we embrace. Transformative change is critical to our growth and success and we all thrive off of it.
- We take our mission seriously, but also remember to have fun!
- Everyone belongs: bringing your authentic self to table is what makes you unique and thus Facet unique. We encourage you to be authentically yourself, every single day.
At Facet, we put the client above all else. As a Lead Planner, you will live out this value each day as you work directly with clients as their financial life coach, helping them improve their lives by empowering them to reach their financial goals, both big and small. You will not only be responsible for providing sound, comprehensive financial advice and guidance, but for helping clients make sense of their financial lives in actionable ways.
With that said, there are some bright lines about what it means to work here:
- The client comes first
- No selling: we never ask you to develop business or sell products
- Guardrails, not prescriptions: we trust our team members to make the right decisions and to bring their unique experience to bear in helping our clients
- Not your typical 9-5 wealth management job: if you want to be on the golf course schmoozing clients 3 days a week, this is not the job for you
Why This Job is Awesome
Chances are, Facet is a place that will be unlike anywhere you’ve ever worked (and if it’s not, we want to hear about it to learn how we can be better). When you sign up to join the Facet team, you’re implicitly acknowledging that there is a problem with access to high quality financial planning, and you are committing to be a part of the company that is going to fix it. If that mission fires you up, then you’re in the right place.
We’re not perfect. Startups are messy: sometimes there’s a bug in our tech, sometimes we over-schedule ourselves, and sometimes we really whiff on helping a client. But what we are is a team completely committed to getting better every day, and supporting each other in the process. It is not uncommon for a software developer to shadow a planner for a day and then write code to make their job (and everyone else on the team) easier that night.
Not only will you be a part of a vision that’s bigger than any of us, but you’ll also be in a position to grow your own skills and experience exponentially. This isn’t for everyone, but for those who think the same way that we do, it will be the most rewarding job of your life.
- Serve as a financial life coach for clients to help them identify their passions and achieve their goals/objectives by providing comprehensive financial planning and a high-quality client experience during every interaction
- Work directly with clients via videoconference, phone, and e-mail.
- Prepare for client meetings by collecting, organizing, and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context, all while using our in-house technology
- Work with clients on cash flow planning, debt management, and budgeting
- Partner with team members to manage operational items including assisting with insurance applications, reviewing client portfolios and recommending investment solutions based on client risk/goals, coordinating client withdrawal needs and tax strategies for assets
- Communicate with sales teams ensuring new clients are the right fit and existing clients receive pertinent internal communications
- Participate in weekly team meetings that provide feedback and continued education opportunities
- You have your CFP® designation
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- You put the client above all else and understand fiduciary responsibility. This is a non-negotiable at Facet!
- You have the ability to provide constructive feedback: we continue to enhance our platform and rely on our team’s feedback for improvement (this is again why we believe good ideas come from anywhere!)
- You are willing to learn and adapt to The Facet Way of Financial Planning: most of our clients come to us having never worked with a financial planner before and our model is designed to help them channel their needs and goals in digestible pieces
- You are comfortable working a nontraditional schedule: although you will have a great deal of flexibility (unlimited vacation, no micromanaged calendar), we ask our planners to work two nights per week to accommodate client schedules, and you may need to occasionally jump into something over the weekend
- You have excellent computer skills along with the ability to learn in-house software and tools – This is critical as we are not only a financial services company but also a TECH startup!
- You understand the value of building long-term relationships You have excellent communication, organizational, and client service skills
- You have experience in the financial services industry; knowledge of key financial, investment and risk management concepts
- You are able to work independently and as a member of a team, balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrate exceptional time and calendar management skills
- Competitive salary and equity: we pay up for great talent
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program (side note: We want our team members to have a constant desire to improve personally and professionally!).
- Work from anywhere: our founders are big fans of distributed work
- Work with a passionate and dedicated team: see our A-player credo above
- Take a shot at helping millions of people live better financial lives