Associate Financial Advisor
Title: Associate Financial Advisor
Reports To: Firm Partners
Status: Full-Time; Monday-Friday
We are seeking an experienced Financial Advisor to join our team. Our Financial Advisors manage client relationships and actively participate in the advanced financial planning process to address retirement, risk management, estate planning, tax considerations, and more. Our Financial Advisors also manage cash, place trades, rebalance portfolios, and implement investment strategy on behalf of the firm’s clients.
Concurrently, this Financial Advisor will perform additional duties such as, designing, implementing, and coordinating a comprehensive marketing program in collaboration with the Firm Partners.
We are looking for someone with great personality, exceptional client service, and the desire to develop professionally in a fast-paced environment. We are a small firm where everyone has a strong work ethic, passion for our jobs, and deep care for our clients. We offer top of the line service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Put clients’ interest first, always.
- Develop financial planning and investment management recommendations while interpreting results using spreadsheets and planning software while meeting and maintaining client objectives.
- Provide continual support to clients by preparing information for client financial review meetings and participating in all client meetings.
- Enhance client relationships through continual and regular client contact and correspondence; provide follow up to all client inquiries, needs and requests.
- Manage and coordinate with team members on workflows.
- Develop areas of expertise on firm processes and advanced planning topics to add value to the firm.
- Engage in business planning efforts and actively support the firm’s strategic priorities.
- Analyze processes and procedures to identify improvements or efficiencies that can be created.
- Engage in continuous learning in order to stay current in investment knowledge and skills.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement an official client marketing calendar.
- Write original content to be used in our client marketing program.
- Edit original content produced by other members of the Hurlow team.
- Oversee our online presence, including our website, blog, and social media sites.
- Improve our website’s visibility through SEO, social media and targeted marketing.
- Improve the marketing message behind our core service delivery, the Coordinated Financial Overview™ (CFO) Process.
- Ensure consistency across all forms of marketing.
- Identify and take advantage of public relations opportunities.
- At least three years of work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in financial planning, finance, accounting, economics, or related field
- Series 65 license required within 90 days of employment
- Certified Financial Planner® designation preferred
- Collaborative, positive attitude and ability to work with others
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Incredible attention to detail, organization, prioritization, and follow-through
- Strong ability to think critically and to process complex financial scenarios
- Ethical in decision making; sound in judgement
- Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Results driven, with the ability to take initiative
- Desire, drive and capability to work in a high volume and growing team environment
- Open and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Understanding of basic website maintenance and design
- Experience with managing major social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Efficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance. 100% paid by the company.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 3% automatic company contribution after six months of service.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation: We are closed every day the New York Stock Exchange is closed. In addition, during the first year, we provide 10 days of paid vacation. After one year of service, we provide 15 days of paid vacation.
- Paid professional development, such as advanced designations and annual conferences.