Director of Financial Planning
Named to Barron’s Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors, Financial Times Top 300, Financial Advisor Magazine’s Fastest-Growing 50 Firms, and a recipient for San Diego’s Best Firms to Work For, Reilly Financial Advisors, a fee-only, international Wealth Manager is looking for is looking for a CFP® professional to assume the role of Director of Financial Planning in our San Diego office.
The Director of Financial Planning is responsible for overseeing all Financial Planning Department employees and advising RFA Directors and the President on all matters related to the Financial Planning Department.
This position is most suitable for someone with a desire to strategically develop a financial planning department within a fast-growing wealth management firm. The candidate that will excel in this role will be detail oriented and requires a strong technical background combined with a desire to teach and manage a team of analytical thinkers.
- Create and coordinate the implementation of client strategy reports including, but not limited to, Retirement Planning, Risk Management, Estate Planning, College Planning, and Investment Management
- Participate in top management discussions and corporate strategic planning
- Develop Financial Planners within the department
- Analyze, develop, and present comprehensive financial plans for an international clientele of 1,500+
- Identify potential retirement strategies, appropriate investment allocation, estate considerations, insurance needs, college funding, and tax-efficient use of funds
- Respond to the unscheduled planning needs of all clients
- Be a resource to both clients and internal CFP® team about financial planning issues and concepts
- An MBA or Master Degree in related field preferred
- Earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation
- Clear ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an intelligent, courteous, and grammatically correct manner
- Strong organization and time management skills with an analytical inclination
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize tasks
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with others
- Desire to work successfully in a rapidly growing wealth management firm
- Technical Expertise in Financial Modeling and concepts
- Knowledge of Money Guide Pro software preferred
This is a salary plus bonus position with benefits.
Reilly Financial Advisors is a Registered Investment Adviser with $1.5 billion under management. We work with over 1,000 client households across the United States and in over a dozen countries around the world.
Apply for Director of Financial Planning
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly