CAPTRUST is an investment management-advisory firm headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina. CAPTRUST provides objective investment advice and consulting services to retirement plan fiduciaries, endowments and foundations, and other institutional investors, and comprehensive wealth planning services to high-net-worth individuals and families.
The Financial Advisor role is responsible for operating a practice that prospects and services mid-market retirement clients. We define “retirement” as serving qualified plan sponsors, fiduciaries, key executives in nonqualified plans, plan participants, retirees, affluent families and professional athletes who view funding a secure retirement as their primary objective. This job description outlines the general responsibilities and requirements for Financial Advisor and in no way is an exhaustive list.
• Solicit and develop new client relationships
• Provide sound financial advice to existing client relationships
• Conduct quarterly portfolio/account reviews
• Make sales presentations to individuals and committees
• Develop cross-selling opportunities among clients
• Develop relationships with referral sources
• Recommend investment products and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on their preferences including objectives, resources, risk profile, and time horizon
• 50-75% travel required
• Bachelor's degree required; major in Business Administration, Statistics, or Economics preferred
• 5 years' of direct selling experience (Financial Service industry a plus); demonstrated ability to build a book of business
Highly Desired Qualifications/Skills:
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
• Client Relationship Management (CRM) software experience
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills
• High standard of professionalism (dress, manners, conduct, and communication)
• Strong interest in the investment/financial services industry
• Able to work independently
EEO Employer: CAPTRUST is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.