Financial Planning Analyst
MASON INVESTMENT ADVISORY SERVICES, INC.
CPA / Financial Planning Analyst
Based in Reston, Virginia, we are a financial planning and investment advisory firm serving high net worth and Fortune 500 corporate sponsored financial planning clients, as well as foundations, endowments, and institutional clients nationwide.
We are seeking a motivated, well-organized, friendly candidate to join our team of eight financial planning analysts. We are looking for a college graduate with experience in the various aspects of financial planning, including an understanding of income tax, investments, retirement planning, estate planning techniques, and insurance issues. The ideal candidate will be highly proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and will have experience with financial planning, tax, and portfolio management software. You should be willing to prepare tax returns during tax season. In return, we offer you a friendly, collaborative atmosphere of professionals with a wealth of knowledge and experience. No selling necessary.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with financial advisors to develop written financial plans for high net worth individuals and families using client provided data, internal data, and custom analyses.
- Prepare income tax returns, federal and state, including trust returns.
- Perform other tasks as needed, such as estate plan and equity summaries as well as monitoring the companies associated with our clients.
Qualifications (necessary skills and experience required)
- College graduate, Major in financial planning, finance or accounting preferred.
- CFP, CPA or EA designation or equivalent experience.
- FINRA Series 65 license or will pass the test within 6 months of hire.
- 5+ years of experience working in financial services. Work with high net worth individuals preferred.
- Strong math, analytical and writing skills.
- In addition to a high proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with specialized financial software such as comprehensive financial planning packages (eMoney, Naviplan, Execplan), other financial planning software (Numbercruncher, StockOpter), portfolio management packages (Black Diamond), tax modeling software (BNA Income Tax Planner), and/or tax preparation software (CCH Access).
We offer excellent benefits including a competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, a 401(k) plan plus company match and a great work environment. Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to finding the right person to join the Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc. team. This position is based in our Reston, VA headquarters.
Apply for Financial Planning Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly