Lead/Senior Financial Advisor
The senior financial advisor will work alongside the firms other two advisors to deeply serve current clients while bringing new clients to the firm.
As a senior advisor, you will be comfortable “doing it all” – meaning that you will be responsible for all aspects of delivering value to clients – from understanding each clients unique needs, creating financial plans for clients, developing the corresponding investment policy for plans, structuring the portfolio that aligns with the plan, and then implementing and maintaining the plan and portfolio throughout time.
Each advisor is the lead advisor with a specific set of clients, while serving as the back-up advisor to other clients.
This senior financial advisor role is expected to become a firm partner in ~5 years. If you aspire to be an owner, the position will be a good fit for you. Conversely, if you do not desire to be a firm owner, this position is not a good fit for you.
- Current Client Relationships
- Address current client needs, proactively uncover ways to deliver greater value to clients and new ways to deliver a delightful experience.
- Be versed in developing financial plans and be comfortable leading financial planning discussions with clients.
- Lead client discussions about portfolio performance and how performance aligns with client’s financial plans.
- Possess the analytical capacity to determine and recommend solutions in advanced areas such as retirement planning, tax-efficient distribution planning and investment strategies, social security claiming strategies, employer stock and option planning, deferred compensation planning, pension analysis, estate planning, insurance review and analysis, tax loss harvesting, etc.
- New Client Development
- Attract referrals from existing clients by delivering an exceptional client experience, converting the referrals into clients through a detailed understanding of their needs.
- Prospect for new clients by leveraging networks of contacts, community partners, centers of influence.
- Genuinely enjoy prospecting and have a demonstrated capacity of effectiveness in new business development.
- Team Member and Partner
- Work with other team members to evaluate/lead new firm-wide strategic initiatives.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and development support to team members.
- Promote a culture of compliance within the advisory team by following and enforcing firm policies and procedures and all applicable compliance rules and regulations.
- Actively participate in industry/community organizations.
- Be well versed in written and verbal communication, sharing the responsibility for writing periodic newsletters and conducting periodic webinars.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; Graduate degree preferred.
- CFP® certification required; CFA® or CPA also desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial planning and/or investment advisor experience with direct client responsibilities.
- Series 65 securities registration required (or completed within 6 months of hire).
- Knowledge and experience with financial planning software and systems is desired. TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, Money Guide Pro, Right Capital, Orion, Redtail, or others.
- Highly analytical and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Track record of establishing and maintaining successful interpersonal relationships.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and management accomplishments.
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use “Senior Financial Advisor” in the subject line.
In the cover letter please describe why this position is of interest to you and why you love wealth management as a vocation.
Given the critical nature of who we are in the lives of our clients and the intention we use in crafting the culture of our firm, our hiring process will be rigorous, involving multiple interviews and considerable written communication. If you’re up for this rigor, we look forward to hearing from you.