The paraplanner works with an established firm of wealth management advisors behind the scenes to analyze, build and deliver comprehensive financial planning integrating risk and investment products.
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
Consultation and Education
- Promote, utilize, and reinforce a planning culture aligned to Northwestern Mutual’s planning philosophy and best practices
- Collaborate on cases with team advisors on:
- Northwestern Mutual’s planning process including life stage planning
- Product options based on the needs of the client, risk profile, time horizon and preferences. The product options need to be in the best interest of the client, ensuring the risk needs are met first. Provide clear, case-specific documentation on the product options and rationale.
· Join team advisors in client meetings when requested by team advisors
· Analyze financial statements to identify and build solutions
- Identify additional resources for clients to implement
- Develop new and review existing plans in a consistent and high-quality manner
- Build all materials for plan and account reviews. This includes an updated plan, illustrations, consolidated statements of assets and performance reports.
- Develop an integrated deliverable for advisors including illustrations, investment proposals, financial plans and visual representation
- 2-3 years financial planning experience
· Bachelor’s Degree
- Life, Accident & Health Insurance licenses (preferred)
- Series 6 & 63
· Advisory services and broker/dealer experience with demonstrated investment knowledge and understanding of markets, products, platforms, and services
· Ability to assess client financial situations and analyze portfolios to develop and implement comprehensive financial plans aligned with client goals
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work well with others
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and reliability with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Series 7 & 63
· Counsel representatives on a variety of proactive approaches, investments and solutions
- Committed to professional development (e.g. CLU, ChFC, CFP)