Financial Planning Education Specialist
MOSERS is a team-oriented public pension system made up of passionate, hard-working individuals. Our team believes our members’ financial security comes first. Whether we’re in the field providing educational seminars, interacting with members for one-on-one counseling, investing trust fund assets, or working on the various systems that support our mission and staff, we are all collaborating to serve our members.
We administer defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans; life insurance and long term disability insurance to State of Missouri employees. This position is an integral part of a team responsible for marketing and educating state of Missouri employees on the MO Deferred Compensation Plan which administers our 457 and 401a defined contribution plans.
What You’ll Do
The Financial Planning Education Specialist position is an essential piece of MO Deferred Comp Plan team and is responsible for educating State of Missouri employees on the deferred comp plan and encouraging them to save for their future retirement. These responsibilities are fulfilled through conducting in-person and virtual seminars and one-on-one meetings with State employees regarding their account balance, contributions, investment performance, and investment options. This position reports to the Defined Contribution Education Coordinator in the MO Deferred Comp office in Jefferson City.
You’ll spend your time focusing on:
- Conducting educational seminars on financial planning and features of the MO Deferred Comp Plan.
- Conducting one-on-one meetings with State of Missouri employees regarding the benefits of participating in the MO Deferred Comp Plan and providing information about account balances, contribution, investment options and performance, financial planning, and retirement income education.
- Coordinating with HR staff to schedule seminars, one-on-one meetings, benefit fairs, etc.
- Making regular day trips, with the possibility of occasional overnight travel, around Cole County and the Northeastern part of the state, meeting with participants and potential participants. This position is expected to be out in the field 80% of the time. You will be reimbursed for travel expenses, including mileage.
- Building strong relationships with agency HR staff, as well as state employees, in order to better serve their territory, increase outreach within agencies, and retain plan assets.
- Monitoring financial market activity in order to better prepare for and answer participant questions and concerns.
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate:
- You have a bachelor's degree in finance, business, marketing, or a similar field
- We prefer those with previous financial planning experience and/or those working toward a Certified Financial Planner or Chartered Financial Consultant designation
- You can work independently and manage your time efficiently with minimal oversight
- You possess strong organizational, presentation and customer service skills; knowledge of investment concepts, retirement, and financial planning
- You're tech savvy and have the ability to quickly learn web-based applications and are competent in all Microsoft Office products
- You have a valid Missouri driver's license and reliable personal vehicle
- You’re dedicated to the task at hand and strive to exceed expectations
- You have a team mentality and love collaboration
What You’ll Love About Us
- Our Team – Our staff consistently ranks “co-workers” at the top of their lists of things they love about MOSERS in our Employee Satisfaction and Engagement Surveys
- Our Culture – Our staff also ranks our leadership and our “team” culture highly on our surveys.
- Competitive Pay – Starting salary is $51,000 - $62,000 depending on experience
- Our Benefits – MOSERS staff enjoy the same benefits as State of Missouri Employees which include:
- Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Pension Plans
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- 12 Holidays Per Year
If this job sounds like a fit for you and us, we look forward to reviewing your resume! To ensure consideration apply by 2/8/21, but the position will remain open until filled. EOE: M/F/V/D.