Financial Planning Analyst
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning, and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management, and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential:
The Financial Planning Analyst will support their Wealth Management team and are responsible for the development, design and implementation of core financial plans focused on opportunities to serve the $1-5mm net worth client segment. The position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to build a career in financial planning.
What you'll do as a Financial Planning Analyst:
- Identify potential planning opportunities from the Wealth Manager’s network and existing client base
- Independently develop, deliver and implement core planning recommendations
- Prepare client correspondences, engagement letters, miscellaneous documents, and presentations
- Lead or participate in client meetings to review financial plan, goals, performance, and portfolio
- Serve as a resource to clients for their questions regarding planning, investing, and their portfolio
- Perform data entry utilizing financial planning software such as eMoney
- Coordinate with private banking, wealth management teams and internal resources on client engagements
- Interact with clients to address or best direct questions and inquiries
- Portfolio rebalancing
- Provide primary or backup Client Service support (new account opening, account maintenance, disbursements, etc.)
- Participate on various special projects as assigned by management
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance is preferred
- Series 7 and 63/65 or 66
- Minimum of 3 years of industry-related experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and a familiarity with or ability to be trained on eMoney software
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of investment principles, strategies, policies, and regulations applicable to the Investment Management industry
- Foundation in essential planning concepts (estates & trusts, insurance, stock options, taxes, cash flow planning)
- Strong presentation skills. Comfortable speaking in front of clients and potential clients
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information
- Excellent written and verbal skills with careful attention to detail
- Possess an extensive understanding of products and services to proactively identify client needs and cross-selling opportunities
- Willingness to be in a support role and handle administrative tasks
- Strong ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
- Team player willing to help and learn from others
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard-working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment, and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.