Financial Planning Analyst
- Want to get into the Financial Planning industry for the first time?
- Currently work in the industry and wish you could exercise more critical thinking and not just fill out paperwork and plug numbers into software?
- Love the art and science of financial planning but don’t want to be a “salesperson?”
- Believe there is a better way for families to plan and manage their finances than the typical mainstream approaches?
If any of these questions resonate with you, this position with The Next Level Planning Group could be the right fit for you. It is an opportunity for an ambitious individual who wants to play a key role in the financial planning process, expand a skillset, and explore or build a rewarding career.
TNLPG is quickly becoming one of the most recognized financial planning firms in the Chicago area. Our offices are located by O’Hare but are open to candidates who would be primarily working remotely. Using our proprietary tools, we custom-design, implement, and maintain financial plans for a group of geographically and professionally diverse clients.
As Financial Planning Analyst, you will play an integral role in helping our planners formulate advice for clients.
The bulk of your work will fall into five general categories:
- Building financial plans for new clients from the ground up, in partnership with our planners, through the use of our proprietary financial planning process and associated analytical tools
- Preparing financial plan review materials, such as up-to-date balance sheets and sophisticated financial models that are both backward-and-forward-looking in nature
- Assisting clients with the implementation of their financial plans by helping design investment and insurance portfolios and, on a practical level, placing trades in client accounts to effect various kinds of securities transactions
- Preparing investment review materials, including portfolio rebalancing recommendations
- Meeting with planners to review, strategize around, and finalize the materials they will use in upcoming client meetings
More than anything, your talent and drive will dictate the speed with which you grow into these responsibilities. While we value prior experience and expertise, we are most interested in finding a candidate with the curiosity, serve-first orientation, and intellectual horsepower that will match our company’s culture.
All candidates must:
- Take pleasure in helping people solve real problems
- Be able to integrate qualitative and quantitative analysis in solving problems
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Have a great work ethic
The Ideal Candidate:
- Can demonstrate creativity in solving complex and difficult problems
- Will seek opportunities to add value
- Is interested in the financial services field as a potential career