New Business Intern
1 day left
Job Description: If you're looking for a place to strengthen your developing skills, this is the opportunity for you! AssetMark, an industry-leading asset management firm, is looking for talented, proactive, and energized young professionals to participate in a dynamic summer internship. AssetMark’s growth is rapidly excelling, and your desire for a fast-paced and exciting environment will be realized in an organization that cares about investing and developing its people for the future.
AssetMark supports financial advisors in their life’s work—helping clients thrive. By giving advisors the tools they need to be successful, we free them up to help their clients reach their goals. We are driven by a mission and set of values that puts advisors and their clients first.
Underpinning all of our services is a deep commitment to asset management excellence, compelling technology and thought leadership. These principles inform our business strategy and reflect our commitment to building deep relationships with advisors, investors and each other.
AssetMark’s service strategy is focused on creating loyal customers by delivering speed, consistency, service touch and accuracy through the work of our Operations and Service teams. This internship opportunity within Operations and Service will focus on a project or additional tasks required to support basic operational functions in Wealth Management. This role represents an opportunity for a candidate that wants to be challenged, is results driven, and passionate about learning new things.
The New Business Team focuses on the opening and funding of new accounts, managing each new account case end to end, directly driving any required resolution with the Advisors and their staff.
- Gain work experience with business operations in a financial services related field
- Learn best practices for improving internal processes and streamlining procedures
- Gain insight into how to successfully collaborate within a dynamic organization
- Review and research a current business problem impacting the New Business team, and work with leaders, peers, the team and key stakeholders on possible solutions
- Drive execution on any solution to defined business problem
- Solution should positively impact team and drive improved results, including improving accuracy, increased productivity or efficiency, an enhanced client experience or stronger team engagement
- Identify gaps and possible improvements throughout the project, ensuring to track and report out on possible fixes/solutions
- Engage and communicate with key stakeholders along the way and keep all impacted teams aware of progress and report out on any changes
- Present on project outcomes and learnings at the end of internship
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Management, Finance, or related field; will consider recent graduates
- Preferred minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office® (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to quickly learn AssetMark technology systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication; technical writing proficiency preferred
- Ability to self-direct and manage time and priorities
- Attention to detail; must be accurate and precise
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- A positive, team oriented, can-do attitude
Hourly wage: $15.00 per hour