Advisor Services Intern
1 day left
AssetMark is a leading strategic provider of innovative investment and consulting solutions serving independent financial advisors. We provide investment, relationship, and practice management solutions that advisors use in helping clients achieve wealth, independence, and purpose.
If you're looking for a place to expand upon your growing skills, AssetMark offers you the opportunity to delve into a variety of projects and interact with numerous departments within the organization. We are looking for bright, ambitious, and highly capable people that are able to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment to deliver on key business objectives. Your desire to bring initiative, resourcefulness and the ability to make sound decisions will be realized in this internship opportunity with a company that is dedicated to the personal and professional development of its employees. If you have a passion for learning and are serious about expanding your skill set, let AssetMark be the bridge to your future!
AssetMark service strategy is focused on creating loyal customers by delivering speed, consistency, service touch and accuracy through the work of our Operations and Service teams. This internship opportunity within Operations and Service will focus on a project or additional tasks required to support basic operational functions. This role represents an opportunity for a candidate that wants to be challenged, is results driven, and passionate about learning new things.
“Knowledge” is one of the primary information systems that allows Advisor Services to deliver industry-leading support to our advisors. It provides Relationship Managers and their colleagues with consistent, accurate, and comprehensive answers to guide advisors on how to best leverage the platform.
- Gain work experience in the financial services and information management fields
- Learn best practices for assessing and organizing large amounts of specialized data
- Gain insights into how to successfully collaborate within a cross-functional and dynamic organization
- Review and consolidate key datapoints in the current Knowledge system in preparation for a large technology upgrade
- Identify and help drive resolution on gaps or issues found within current systems and setups
- Work with key stakeholders to identify areas of potential improvement within the data and usability options
- Provide additional support to related Service team projects where needed
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s in Business, Management, Finance, or related field; will consider recent graduates
- Preferred minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office® (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen
- Ability to quickly learn new complex processes and technology
- Ability to consolidate research and data into cohesive summary of findings and recommendations
- Ability to effectively work with specialized data without deep industry or company experience
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Self-directed and results driven with ability to manage time, priorities, and deadlines
- Attention to detail; must be accurate, precise, and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player
- Hourly wage: $15 per hour