IT Service Desk Intern
AssetMark is a leading strategic provider of innovative investment and consulting solutions serving independent financial advisors. We provide investment, relationship and practice management solutions that advisors use in helping clients achieve wealth, independence and purpose.
This Service Desk Intern will work with a small and collaborative team. They will work to deliver key pieces for several projects the Service Desk as running for system upgrades as well as functionality improvements to existing systems. During this assignment, the Service Desk Intern will have an opportunity to work with many current technologies (O365, Azure, Zoom, Virtual Machine’s, Active Directory, and many Cloud-based applications). This Service Desk Intern will contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with Senior members of the team.
- Work with the Service Desk on an active project, attending meetings, writing up documentation and any required end-user training.
- Support the IT team in updating remote hardware, software, and other systems.
- Lend IT support in several areas while learning new technologies.
- Update end-user knowledge-base articles for ‘self-help’.
- Two or more years’ experience in the Information Technology field (coursework is ok).
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT Systems analysis, Business Information systems, or Project Management focused in the IT field.
- 3.0 minimum GPA on 4.0 scale.
- Basic skills with troubleshooting technical issues (computer, hardware, network).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to interact with the end users.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office / 0365 experience.
- Strong experience with using Web Conferencing (Zoom / Teams)
Hourly wage: $15.00 per hour