Associate Advisor (Director of Operations)
Manager - Financial Planning/Associate Advisor (Director of Ops)
A current opening for a Manager of Financial Planning to join an existing wealth management and financial planning practice located in DC Metro. This position works collaboratively within an existing team of two (Lead Advisor and Associate) to provide financial planning, investment management and ongoing service for our clients. This is a great opportunity to join an existing practice, hone your current skills and client service, while propelling overall growth.
As a Manager of Financial Planning you will be mentored by and work alongside the Lead Advisor and CFP® serving clients directly by addressing financial planning strategies and questions as a part of a fee-based financial planning engagement. (This position is currently open to remote work during Covid restriction and safety. However, once restrictions lift, this is a local position.)
About Northwestern Mutual
For 163 years Northwestern Mutual has been delivering on financial planning, risk management, and value for clients. Originally a life insurance company, the broader organization has built a Top 5 Independent broker dealer, as well as a wealth and trust company in order to serve the growing investment and planning arm of its advisory unit. Northwestern Mutual is uniquely positioned to solve the financial planning needs of clients and families and support the growing wealth management practices of their advisors.
Key Manager of Financial Planning Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive financial plans including cash flow management, risk management, investment planning, tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning.
- Determine assumptions to be used for all analyses.
- Develop models in Excel to analyze clients situations.
- Coordinate with other professional advisors to the client (CPA, estate attorney)
- Analyze insurance and client employee benefits.
- Prepare and deliver client meeting follow-up and deliverables as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the client and coordinate with Operations Specialists on complex issues.
- Support Lead Advisor in relationship management duties.
- Communicate effectively to clients about financial planning, tax and investment management strategies.
- Review investment plans, investment policy statements, dollar cost averaging schedules and trades.
- Analyze stock options and concentrated stock positions and recommend divestiture strategies.
Key Manager Of Financial Planning Requirements
- Bachelors Degree required; major in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business preferred.
- CFP, CPA, CFA, or MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of the financial planning and investment planning processes, related services and client servicing needs.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with ability to present complex data and information to clients.
- Ability to coach, develop, and manage support staff.
- 401k with match
- Health care
- Pay Range – $70-$80k Salary to start with opportunity for bonus