Peak Asset Management is a fee-only investment management and financial planning firm located in Louisville, CO. Since our founding in 1994, we have empowered clients by earning their trust, sharing our expertise, simplifying the complex, and building and maintaining their financial security. We are a small but mighty firm of inquisitive and compassionate individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our fiduciary responsibilities mean that when it comes to our core values, our clients come first. We currently manage $750 million of assets and continue to invest in the firm and our people for future growth.
The Associate Advisor must be passionate about servicing, retaining, and growing client relationships. The role will report to a Lead Advisor and Managing Partner, while also working closely with the Client Service team to create an exceptional client experience. The ideal candidate will be hard-working, curious, analytical, self-motivated, and able to wear many hats to contribute directly to the firm’s overall efforts and success.
Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Possess a fiduciary mentality, always doing what is best for the client and maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
- Grow into a leadership role in client relationships through: Portfolio analysis and monitoring, development and execution of presentations and client reviews, and answering and responding to client inquiries within 24 hours.
- In partnership with our senior financial planner, assist in building, updating, and delivering customized, comprehensive financial plans in a manner that is empowering and understandable to clients.
- Identify opportunities to improve and/or make the client experience more consistent.
- Assemble customized proposals for clients and prospective clients.
- Stay abreast of industry and regulatory updates, fraud, and cybersecurity threats to enhance our culture of compliance.
- Actively monitor the economy, financial markets, and government policy to participate on the Investment Committee.
- Achieve required licenses and designations.
Competencies: Behaviors, skills, and values
- Have a passion for providing top-notch service, with the ability to effectively interact and empathize with clients.
- Possess excellent active listening and communication skills.
- Be accountable, motivated, upbeat, and a positive team member.
- Exhibit curiosity and drive to solve problems by identifying – and, most importantly, executing on – solutions.
- Have proven analytical and organizational skills and strong attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
- Dedication to a career as a Registered Investment Advisor.
- Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Treat others with kindness, care, and dignity.
- Be honest and act with integrity. Always.
- Be a thoughtful contributor to the team.
- Be independently minded and motivated.
- Be entrepreneurial and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in business, economics or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three years of financial services experience strongly preferred.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred (or demonstrated progress towards the CFP and/or CFA).
- Experience with Tamarac Rebalancer and Schwab/TDAmeritrade custodial platforms preferred.
- We live a balanced life and believe you should too.
- You will receive a fully paid medical plan.
- You can participate in our 401(k) plans with matching contributions.
- Educational reimbursement for obtaining and maintaining your professional designations.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Application for Associate Advisor”. In your cover letter, please include the following:
- A brief explanation outlining what you think Peak Asset Management does.
- The top three reasons why you are the best candidate for this position and Peak as a firm.
- An overview of your relevant professional experience.
- An explanation as to why you are dedicated to a career as a Registered Investment Advisor.
Peak Asset Management is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.