Certified Financial Planner
Neuberger Berman founded in 1939, is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. The firm manages a range of strategies—including equity, fixed income, quantitative and multi-asset class, private equity, real estate and hedge funds—on behalf of institutions, advisors and individual investors globally. With offices in 35 countries, Neuberger Berman's diverse team has 2,345 professionals. For six consecutive years, the company has been named first or second in Pensions & Investments Best Places to Work in Money Management survey (among those with 1,000 employees or more). The firm was awarded an A+ in every category in the latest 2020 Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) report for our approach to ESG integration across asset classes. The firm manages $405 billion in client assets as of December 31, 2020. For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com. The individual will need the following, at a minimum:
Seeking a highly motivated Financial Planner with strong analytical skills, impeccable attention to detail and the hunger to learn and grow in a fast-paced, warm environment.
- The primary function of this role is to prepare wealth planning analyses, including communicating with clients via phone and e-mail to gather accurate data and entering the data in our financial planning software (eMoney Advisor).
- Work closely with, and provide ongoing support to, the team’s Senior Wealth Planner regarding all aspects of wealth planning analysis preparation, including:
1. Ensuring all relevant data has been gathered
2. Reading and interpreting the questionnaire, statements and supplemental documents
3. Entering data into eMoney Advisor software
4. Reviewing the data inputs carefully for accuracy
5. Interpreting the wealth planning analysis reports and developing conclusions and strategies
6. Writing and customizing the language to be included in the final wealth planning analysis
7. Preparing the final document and submitting it to our internal review process
- Contingent on the skill set of the candidate, the role may also involve participating in the presentation of completed wealth planning analyses to our clients.
- 5-8 years in financial services in a client facing role
- 3-5 years’ experience preparing financial plans
- Broad knowledge of financial planning subject matter including, but not limited to, cash flow analysis, investments and asset allocation, insurance, tax planning and estate planning
- Experience of eMoney Advisor software a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFP® designation
- Series 7, 65
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent client service skills
- Superior verbal and writing skills
- Superb time management skills