Financial Planning Associate
Forward-thinking wealth management. We plan wisely so you can live fully.
Centurion Wealth is a true independent firm built on a foundation of sound ethics, mutual respect and deep integrity. We are free from conflicts of interest and are not beholden to any organization, investment company or products. This enables us to guide our clients toward their financial goals in an unhindered fashion.
Our consistent, long-term approach to wealth management and quality portfolio construction means we are not chasing returns and we are not swayed by temporary headlines. Instead, we focus on the fundamentals of investing and financial planning.
We are only interested in helping our clients achieve their financial goals through holistic planning and helping our clients’ assets grow in a manner consistent with their unique objectives.
Tyson’s Corner, Virginia
Are you tired of the same old unfulfilling financial services work culture? Are you looking for an environment that is meaningful and inspiring?
Bring your passion for finance and skill for building client relationships to Centurion, a top wealth management firm in the country. We are looking for an experienced Financial Planning Associate to join our growing team to help clients reach their financial goals.
Centurion Wealth Management is on a mission to help clients build and preserve their wealth. We assist entrepreneurs, newly independent women and executives achieve their financial goals through retirement planning, tax planning, education and college planning, estate planning and risk management.
The Financial Planning Associate performs a wide range of duties across planning, education, research and analysis for both existing and prospective clients. Using your impeccable communication skills and work ethic, you will apply critical thinking skills, work independently and anticipate firm needs and client questions.
If you enjoy problem-solving and want to serve clients, we want to speak with you!
What you’ll do
While supporting all advisors, you will prepare for all client meetings. You will own and drive the day-to-day management of existing client relationships and will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of financial recommendations presented. With keen attention to detail and deadlines, you will generate reports and other client details as needed for advisors. You will:
- Review major client deliverables to ensure quality standards are met
- Strategize on investment scenarios for clients and prospective clients
- Place trades for clients
- Implement client account restrictions
- Update portfolios and maintain accounts: rebalancing and raising cash, mutual fund conversions, and monitoring outstanding transactions
- Invest client funds from incoming assets
- Support platform monitoring and maintenance across Envestnet, eMoney, Hidden Levers, Fidelity rebalancing tool, Morningstar Advisor Workstation, etc.
- Enter client and prospective client’s financial data into eMoney
- Create financial plans and run various planning scenarios for clients and prospective clients
- Process required minimum distributions for clients
- Coordinate with advisors on tax loss harvesting for clients
- Conduct investment and market research, provide relevant recommendations, and provide analysis as needed
- Play an active role in the Centurion Wealth Investment Committee
- Research and write “Fund of the Month” articles for distribution to clients
- Stay on top of industry news and trends. Seek opportunities to learn and work efficiently
Skills and requirements
- SIE and Series 7
- At least 2 years of securities, financial planning or insurance experience
- Computer savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, responsible and client-centric mindset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines
- Works with integrity and a high-level of confidentiality
- Must pass a background check
- CFP ®
- Experience with Redtail, Wealthscape, Laserfische and LaserApp
How to Apply
Take your career to the new heights with Centurion Wealth Management, where we provide you the tools, support and network to grow both personally and professionally. When you join us, you’ll be part of a friendly, fast-paced and forward-thinking team.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your resume along with a letter of interest. Given the high demand for this position, we’re only able to contact the most qualified candidates.
Hours: 9 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday
Compensation: Salary/bonus, PTO, health benefits and 401(k)
*This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of the job. Job descriptions may also be rewritten periodically to reflect any changes in the position’s duties.
*We are an equal opportunity employer, and we promise to pay you a competitive salary commensurate with experience in addition to all sorts of other outstanding benefits. We value our employees, and we’re not afraid to show it.
Apply for Financial Planning Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly