Paraplanner - CFP
About The Role:
As a Paraplanner, you will be part of the Facet family and a key player in helping our planners deliver incredible comprehensive financial life management to our clients. In this role, you will collaborate with an awesome team of planners, supporting the work they do and contribute to the delivery of an unparalleled client experience (you should see our NPS scores!).
With that said, there are some bright lines about what it means to work here:
- Your job is to provide our planners the communication and tasks they need to do their best for our clients. You’ll be focused on supporting a team of lead planners by helping them manage their practice which includes organizing client information, following up with clients, and making preliminary recommendations, you will work in an exciting and collaborative team environment with motivated and dedicated team members.
- We will never ask you to develop business or sell on our behalf. We ask our planning team to do three things: as a paraplanner, be a part of our client’s Facet team, enabling planners to provide our clients with world-class service, and always act in the best interest of our clients.
Your Day-To-Day Responsibilities:
- Directly support a team of lead planners working remotely across the country
- Help prepare lead planners for client meetings, including collecting, organizing and synthesizing client data within a financial planning context.
- Assist lead planners in managing their practice more effectively by reaching out to clients to schedule meetings.
- Work with team members to complete follow-up tasks from client meetings, including but not limited to investment management tasks and / or coordinating work.
- Handle some client service responsibilities, including but not limited to conducting account reviews and addressing client related communications.
- Provide lead planners with client asset management solutions, including but not limited to review of client portfolios, strategies for assets under management, recommendations for client accounts, or ensuring beneficiaries on accounts.
- Partner with operations team members to manage all client account operational items including but not limited to submitting requests for account paperwork, initiating and tracking transfers and account funding, service requests, and client online account access.
- Provide direct client support to clients around navigating the Facet portal on the client’s side to enter information or upload files.
Job Specific Requirements:
- CFP® designation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
- Client first attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Background and experience in the financial services industry; knowledge of key financial, investment, and risk management concepts
- Excellent computer skills along with the ability to learn in-house software and tools
- Dedicated to developing a career in the financial services industry with the potential for advancement within the company
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere: our founders are big fans of distributed work
Why Working At Facet Wealth Is Awesome:
Facet Wealth is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique planner model allow us to deliver high quality financial planning services to the 33 million mass affluent households in the US. As a company, our goals are to help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously unavailable to them, build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management services are delivered and create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating!
- We’re here to deliver amazing client experiences. No matter the role at Facet, we are all 100% committed to excellence in service of our clients.
- Every single member of our team needs to be an active participant in helping to improve and evolve our business. We strongly believe great ideas can come from anywhere.
- Change is not only something we tolerate, but something we embrace. Transformative change is critical to our growth and success and we all thrive off of it.
- Everyone belongs: bringing your authentic self to table is what makes you unique and thus Facet unique. We encourage you to be authentically yourself, every single day.