Financial Planning Associate
Wealth Management Firm Seeks Financial Planning Associate – Boston, MA
Comprehensive wealth management firm with offices in Boston, MA, Westwood, NJ, Wayne, PA, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, and Inverness, FL seeks a Financial Planning Associate to join its team. Modera Wealth Management, LLC is an independent, fee-only firm that provides clients with financial planning and investment management. Modera has been awarded among the Barron’s Top 100 Registered Investment Advisor Firms, listed among the 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2015 Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisors, awarded among the inaugural InvestmentNews’ 75 Best Places to Work for Financial Advisers in 2020, 2019 and 2018, and named one of Pensions & Investments Best Places to Work in Money Management for the sixth year (2020,2019,2018,2017,2012). The work culture of the firm promotes collaboration, professional growth, and a commitment to providing exceptional client service. This is a full-time position for our Boston, MA office which is in the heart of Boston’s dynamic Back Bay district, conveniently located near the subway lines, commuter rail and major bus routes.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be extremely organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Thrive in an environment focused on creative problem solving.
- Be an engaging and charismatic communicator.
- Have a passion for excellent service.
- Be a self-starter.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Wealth Managers/Advisors in preparing for and conducting client meetings;
- Conduct in-depth client interviews to gather personal financial data and to formulate planning goals;
- Develop comprehensive financial plans focusing on investment strategy, tax, retirement and estate planning, executive compensation, risk management, cash flow and education funding;
- Work with clients on the implementation of their financial plans;
- Participate in and take minutes of client meetings to support the primary relationship manager;
- Generate or confirm Investment Policy Statements
- Review and interpret investment allocation trading reports;
- Work with the client service team to facilitate new client on-boarding and monitor service requests;
- Assist the efforts of the firm’s Financial Planning Committee;
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications for this position:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
- 0-3 years of financial planning experience desirable or equivalent financial planning coursework.
- Demonstrated desire or progress towards CFP® certification.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with a demand for a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly proficient in computer software, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, able to work well with all levels of the firm, as well as with clients.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Performance-based bonus.
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with discretionary profit sharing.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex-Spending Account, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability and Group Life insurance.
- Paid vacation.
- Opportunities for professional growth and continuing education.
No phone calls. Please direct your cover letter and resume to: Careers@ModeraWealth.com. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence. For more information about the firm, please visit www.ModeraWealth.com.