Sr. Wealth Advisor
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
Is your desire to develop meaningful relationships with your clients hindered by unrealistic expectations of managing a book of 500 or more? At Ally, we know our clients deserve better – and you do too. That’s why we’re capping our advisors’ books at 200 families and giving them the tools to streamline day-to-day, so they have time to build meaningful relationships and change lives.
At Ally, we’re introducing a category-shifting approach to wealth management that combines award-winning digital platforms with a human behavioral approach to financial goal setting.
The Sr. Wealth Advisor works as a fiduciary, focusing on driving deeper and meaningful relationships with clients by co-creating personalized, actionable goals-based investment planning that help achieve the Client’s financial goals for today and tomorrow. The Sr. Wealth Advisor will do this by flawlessly executing upon our core principles of client first attitude, taking a total wealth approach to advice all the while decoding investing and financial planning for our clients.
The Work Itself
- Focus on building a relationship-based practice: fostering deep, trusted, and long-term relationships to help clients prioritize their financial goals and assist them in implementing their points of view into the investment process
- Conduct a robust discovery process to uncover the goals and concerns of the client
- Through using goal planning software prepare, analyze and present financial goal plans to clients
- Provide guidance on all the client’s assets and demonstrate ability to implement financial plans into the appropriate solutions based on individual client goals
- Provide on-going advice to clients via a phone-based relationship, developing rapport and ownership of the full Client Wealth experience
- Educate clients on the Ally’s Wealth Hub, which will allow them to better monitor, maintain and track their investments and progression to their goals
- Collaborate with peers and demonstrate teamwork through standard methodology and best practice sharing
The Skills You Bring
- CFP, ChFC, WMCP or similar designation highly preferred.
- Understand the importance of fiduciary responsibility
- Demonstrate extraordinary emotional intelligence (EQ) skills with the ability to build trust and relationships with clients and their families
- Experience with or knowledge of behavioral economics
- Team oriented and collaborative
- Willing to learn and adapt based upon the needs of the industry and organization
- Three or more years advisory experience required
- Five or more years in the financial services industry working directly with clients highly preferred
- Tech savvy, embraces technology to efficiently own your book of business
- FINRA Series 66 or 63&65 licenses required
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.