Associate Wealth Advisor
Sytsma Wealth Strategies is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Wealth Advisor. This individual will play a prominent role in our mission to serve the financial needs of West Michigan’s business owners and their families. We are looking for someone with the ability to create and nurture long-term relationships and the financial industry knowledge that will provide our clients with the best possible advice.
Our firm focuses on offering comprehensive financial strategies for business owners and their families. The clients we serve work with our firm because they receive individualized advice and planning specific to their needs. Our office is located on Wealthy Street in the heart of Grand Rapid’s Uptown neighborhood. We are deeply engaged with our community, and we’re looking for someone who would be excited to share that passion.
The ideal candidate for this position needs to be an independent worker who is prepared to contribute their thoughts as we pursue our strategic goals. Technical and industry-specific knowledge is a must. Our small firm requires everyone to be multi-skilled and willing to help with any new task. If you’re a financial industry professional who wants a real opportunity for growth with a focus on client interaction, we want to meet you.
WHAT WE NEED IN OUR NEW TEAM MEMBER
- Analytical skills to prepare and assess client financial statements, plans, and investments
- A “How can I help?” attitude with an eagerness to foster client relationships through service and support, not sales and pressure
- Open communication style and eagerness to collaborate with co-workers
- Interest in mastering financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management software
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize projects to ensure on-time completion
- High level presentation skills to present financial plans and run client meetings
- A focus on positive and professional service
ASSOCIATE WEALTH ADVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend client meetings and be responsible for follow-up activities.
- Gather and analyze data.
- Create and present financial plans and portfolio reviews.
- Maintain client accounts (i.e., perform trades, implement recommendations) and tracking of all account and planning-related activities.
- Research new investment options as well as current account holdings to assess appropriateness given client-specific parameters.
- Assist in developing client materials, looking for ways to improve upon processes.
- Interact with team on all planning and follow up.
- Provide information/education to clients about the purpose and details of financial products, services, and strategies.
- Promote established investment models and strategies that are suitable for our targeted clients.
- Attend firm client events
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Willingness to contribute outside of your job description when needed
- Ability to read and synthesize written information effectively and produce repeatable, high-quality results
- Ability to generate precise, outstanding work quickly, correctly, and efficiently
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Active Series 7 license with a 66 or expected to acquire within 6 months of employment
- CFP or desire to acquire CFP
- Life, Health, and long-term care insurance licenses or desire to achieve necessary licenses
- Clean U-4 and U-5 history
- Adherence to all company and industry supervisory guidelines and policies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite using a Windows-based computer
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a salary, bonus potential, SIMPLE IRA plus matching, paid time off, potential for career growth, and a supportive and caring work environment. This is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. For more information about our company, please visit our website SytsmaWealth.com