Financial Planner / Wealth Advisor
The Firm: Conifer Bay Capital LLC (ConiferBay.com) is a boutique wealth management firm organized as a Registered Investment Adviser in the State of Illinois. The firm provides advice to wealthy individuals and families about financial planning, investments, and family governance. Form ADV Part 2A
Location: Position is based in the Chicago area, but allows for remote work.
The Job: The ideal candidate should have experience and enthusiasm for financial planning. This is a client-facing role and managing relationships is an important component of the responsibilities. Depending on applicant’s skills and interest, role also may include business development and/or investment responsibilities.
Candidates should have an interest in working in an entrepreneurial, small firm culture. Also, as the industry is increasingly technology driven, candidates should be adept at utilizing software solutions, such as Schwab Advisor Center, Black Diamond Wealth Platform and eMoney Advisor.
The job offers flexible hours and location, enabling part-time work from a home office with occasional on-site team meetings.
Specific job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing financial plans for high net worth individuals
- Managing ongoing relationships with wealthy families
- Participating in client meetings, documenting and executing next steps
- Establishing new accounts with Schwab Advisor Center
- Producing quarterly reports with Black Diamond software
- Contributing to firm’s client newsletters
Required Skills / Experience:
- Reside within the greater Chicago metropolitan and suburban area
- College education and CFP® required
- 1-5 years of wealth management experience, preferably with a large financial institution
- Familiarity with Schwab Advisor Center and SS&C Advent/Black Diamond Wealth Platform
- Strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent organizational/project management skills
- Solid work ethic, self-motivated and goal oriented