Financial Planning Analyst / Paraplanner
Herbert Financial Group LLC (HFG) is headquartered in Auburn Hills, MI and proudly serves clients across the nation. Our experienced, dedicated advisory team manages over half a billion combined in advisory and brokerage assets for select families, corporate executives, and business owners. Client services include holistic financial plans, portfolio management, wealth transfer planning, risk management, estate planning and tax planning.
Become a member of a fast-growing, well respected team in the financial services industry that has been in the top 1% within our broker dealers for the past 7 years. HFG has also consistently been named as a “Five Star Wealth Manger” by Hour Detroit. We are looking for a motivated, professional, and energetic individual with experience in financial planning to fill the role of Paraplanner within our company.
As a Paraplanner, you will be an integral member of our unified team, a value to our clients and significantly contribute to the overall success of our organization.
Career advancement opportunities are available for strong performers.
The Paraplanner is an integral part of the organization. Providing direct support to the advisors, the paraplanner is working on complex financial planning matters.
- Assists advisors in developing and delivering financial plans to current and prospective clients
- Full responsibility for client appointment prep which includes preparing reports, creating and updating of the clients’ financial plan in WealthVision (eMoney)
- Prepare recommendations
- Identify areas for planning
- Undertake research both independently and with Wealth Advisor to identify suitable solutions to meet the clients’ needs
- Prepare information/comparisons for analysis
- Liaise with clients’ legal and tax advisors (if applicable)
- Prepare draft recommendation reports to be discussed/signed off by Wealth Advisor
- Assists the Wealth Advisors as ad-hoc as requested
- Assist non-licensed staff with client investment, budget and planning related questions generated from direct incoming calls or emails
- Assists in development and participation of client event presentations
- Track activity completed and in process through Redtail activities and Workflows
- Participate in and provide feedback in weekly business building meeting (Peak)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field
- Previous experience working in private wealth management / financial planning
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detailed and accurate
- Able to work within defined business processes
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attitude and an extraordinary client service orientation
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- A burning desire to succeed
- An ability to handle multiple tasks and stress in an effective manor
- Knowledge of industry leaders’ investment and insurance (variable annuity) products
- Experience with CRM and Financial Planning software
- NASD Series 7, 6, 63, (and 65 if part of a Registered Investment Advisor), Life and Health license
- Financial Paraplanner Qualifies Professional™ or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ designation preferred, if currently do not hold the designations, enrollment in the next year is required
- Salary + incentive pay based on experience
- 401k with employer 3% employer contributions