Associate Financial Planner
Position Overview: Cooper Lapman Financial is a boutique Financial Advisory firm located in Boston. We are hiring an Associate Financial Planner to assist with the financial planning needs of our clients, including data gathering, plan building, and client service administration. The Associate Financial Planner will transition to Lead once technical requirements are met and developmental competencies are consistently displayed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills with attention to detail and respect for client privacy.
- Be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Be highly motivated with the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a passion for excellent service.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be an active listener.
- Be collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Able to work well in a small company.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop comprehensive financial plans focusing on investment strategy, tax, retirement and estate planning, executive compensation, risk management, cash flow, and education funding.
- Become proficient in using eMoney.
- Work with clients on the implementation of their financial plans.
- Leverage internal and external resources to achieve client objectives in such areas as Investment Management, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Risk Management, and General Planning.
- Gain a deep understanding of our clients’ unique needs and aspirations to confidently advise them on their financial goals.
- Work with colleagues on investments that support the financial plan.
- Onboard New Clients, including providing documentation, account set-up, and transfer of assets.
- Become proficient in Portfolio Accounting software, Orion, including helping clients use the client Portal.
- Become proficient in using Fidelity’s portfolio management platform, Wealthscape.
- Assist in preparing for and conducting client meetings.
- Participate in and take minutes of client meetings and document in CRM system, Redtail.
- Work with team members to complete follow-up tasks from client meetings.
- Manage all client account operational items including, but not limited to, submitting requests for account paperwork, initiating, and tracking transfers and account funding, service requests, and client online account access.
- Build strong relationships with clients through proactive and consistent communication to ensure client retention and high satisfaction.
Competencies to be Developed for promotion to Lead Advisor role
- Increase skills and knowledge through continuing education and obtainment of professional credentials.
- Leading client relationships and communicating with clients in an effective manner
Qualifications for this position:
- Candidates must have a four-year college degree and some experience in the wealth management business, including but not limited to work towards a CFP or other designation, graduate work (MBA), experience in an actual wealth management business role.
- Must be able to obtain Series 65 license within reasonable timeframe from date of hire.
- Background and experience in the financial services industry; knowledge of key financial, investment, and risk management concepts
- Able to work with outside trusted professionals including accountants, estate lawyers, and other trusted advisors that clients rely on
- Be able to work well with all levels of the firm, as well as with clients.
- Demonstrate a client-first attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity, and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility.