Wealth Planning Consultant
What is the opportunity
As a Wealth Planning Consultant you will play a key leadership role in integrating and driving the adoption of financial planning as part of the core client experience. This role will be responsible for supporting aggressive key business drivers including increasing Financial Advisor productivity, adoption of Wealth Planning protocols and tools, deepening client relationships through planning, increasing solutions and share of wallet with clients and delivering a profitable planning and service offering.
What will you do?
- Drive adoption of financial planning approach and the new RBC Wealth Planning Platform
- Educate and coach advisors and field leadership on fundamentals and importance of building a wealth planning practice and assist with more complicated planning cases
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert of the planning process and concepts including effective client discovery, retirement income planning, social security, medical costs, insurance concepts, liquidity needs, plan presentation and plan monitoring
- Assist with complex client cases and help win business using wealth planning. Guides peers, stakeholders and businesses in the prioritization, development and delivery of a coordinated wealth planning strategy through collaboration at all levels of management
- Contribute regularly to the research and financial planning knowledge base that will be used for firm insights, white papers, marketing, media as well as educational and training event
- Assist, train, and motivate FAs to “lead with planning” and utilize the RBC Wealth Planning Platform
- Support creation and delivery of client analyses and necessary research including serving as an expert resource for Wealth Management partners on client planning strategies directed to high net worth individuals
- Ensure vendor and internal relationships and partners are leveraged across strategic initiatives and training/educational/marketing campaigns
What do you need to succeed?
- Series 7 and 66 licenses or willingness to obtain in short order Ability to provide support as a subject-matter expert for a specific specialty or type of service Willingness to drive wealth planning activities across the planning continuum in support of business development, improved client experience, better outcomes and deeper client relationships A demonstrated spirit of generosity and a force of ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; 10+ years of related direct client experience
- Willingness to work on appropriate industry licenses and/or other advanced industry designations (CIMA/CFA/CFP/CPWA/CPA/JD)
- As a WPC you will support a number of branches across an assigned territory. Being located in one of the following cities will be most conducive for this role.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement