Associate Financial Planner
The GenWealth Group is a Registered Investment Advisory Firm located in beautiful downtown Maplewood, NJ. We think about wealth management differently. We’re an independent firm and that means independent thinking for our clients. We custody all assets through Charles Schwab and Co.
The role we’re hiring for is an Associate Financial Planner. This is a dynamic position working closely with a team of Senior Financial Advisors and involves a wide range of duties including: retirement modeling, insurance analysis, educational modeling, reviews of estate plan documents, reviews of tax situation and other financial planning topics. Associate Financial Planners attend all client portfolio review meetings and play a critical role in our team-based approach.
At The GenWealth Group, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on clients’ financial plans by working among a small, dedicated team of financial professionals.
This position comes with a great work culture, full team engagement, opportunity for professional development with a clear path for advancement, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- CFP® Designation (or actively pursuing)
- NJ Life and Health Insurance licensed (preferred)
- 1-3+ years in financial services industry
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems
- Experience utilizing financial planning software
- Strong analytical/data gathering skills
- Highly dynamic; with professional demeanor accustomed to working with sophisticated clients
- Superior compliance record
- Passion for delivering superior client service and high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with high degree of accuracy
- Comfortable working in a small, relationship-oriented practice
- Ideal candidate will work within our defined system where client contact is made on a scheduled, proactive basis
- Support Senior Financial Planners by preparing investment performance/allocation reports, investment policy statements and spreadsheets using a variety of software applications (ie: Black Diamond, Excel, Morningstar, etc.)
- Coordinate client presentations ensuring research and data gathering is complete and timely
- Create customized client retirement projections utilizing financial planning software (RetireUp)
- Consult with clients on benefit analysis related to Social Security and Medicare
- Consult with clients on life, disability and long-term care insurance; review existing policies and recommend new/additional coverage as appropriate
- Serve as lead advisor to clients on ancillary planning issues (mortgage refinancing, leasing, etc)
- Process trades and monitor the firm’s proprietary investment models
- Maintain detailed notes and tasks in firm’s CRM system (Junxure)
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company sponsored profit sharing plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Vacation