Senior Associate, Investment Specialist
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking, and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management, and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As an Investment Specialist, ideal candidates would have a passion for investment management, be willing and able to effectively research, and form opinions on investment strategies across asset classes. A preference for a core or value-driven approach to equity analysis is also desirable. A candidate will be analyzing clients’ holdings, assessing risk, and presenting recommendations. A candidate will be able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities under pressure while demonstrating sound judgment and the ability to reason.
What you’ll do as a Senior Associate, Investment Specialist:
- Follow economic data and developments from markets around the world, understand FRIM’s strategic asset allocation guidelines
- Construct and rebalance client portfolios. Must be able to propose and implement asset allocation and changes to clients without supervision. Create and implement strategies to reduce the risk associated with concentrated restricted positions
- Create plans for minimizing the tax implications associated with low basis equities
- Prepare targeted presentations that effectively communicate the team’s relevant experience and articulate our added value
- Assist Wealth Manager in completing and presenting proposals, including gathering data and working closely with the research, marketing and compliance teams for a timely delivery
- Participate in weekly research calls to understand trends and identify investment opportunities
- Prepare ad-hoc market environment and investment research
- Participate in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Manage and take ownership of excel-based templates including historical performance tables, comp tables, attribution analysis, and holdings-based analysis
- Research and reconcile performance returns not in line with benchmarks
- Review portfolio activity and performance reports
- Ability to understand marketing materials and differentiate between what is appropriate for the client needs
- Research and gather business intelligence to identify prospective clients and focus opportunities
- Responsible for various reporting including weekly (performance, asset allocation), quarterly (Client Statements, Performance, IPS), annual, and ad-hoc requests.
- Collaborate with Wealth Managers and the Client Service team on ad-hoc projects.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of related experience
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Series 7 and 66 Licenses, Insurance licenses
- CFA; Progress through or completion of the CFA curriculum
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of investment principles, strategies, policies, and regulations applicable to the Investment Management industry
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven self-starter with the ability to think and work autonomously
- Effective team management and prioritization capabilities
- Team player willing to help and learn from others
- Excellent written and verbal skills with careful attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard-working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment, and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
Please be advised that First Republic Bank will not ask you to provide personal information, including driver's licenses, social security numbers, and passports during the interview process. If you receive a request of this type, please report it to Fraud@firstrepublic.com