We are a boutique financial planning, tax, and accounting firm devoted to helping dentists expand what’s possible with money and connect their money to life. Through our firms WealthFD and TaxFD, we provide a complete suite of integrated financial solutions under one roof. We are a young company with drive and a start-up mentality.
We are searching for an Associate to support our financial planning and tax services. This requires a desire to become a specialist in all wealth management and accounting needs of dentists. You will work with a small number of clients (less than 50) in a highly personal and in-depth manner.
- Participate in all client meetings. Take notes, enter tasks, and complete follow-ups.
- Lead new client onboarding for wealth management and tax. Ensure all documents are received and organized. Proactively communicate with clients on outstanding items.
- Open, service, and fund accounts at TD Ameritrade, Schwab, and Guideline. Establish online access for client and set up performance reporting.
- Enter all data into eMoney Financial Planning Software. Develop financial scenarios based on client needs and objectives.
- Develop initial recommendations for clients for review with lead.
- Prepare all deliverables for formal semi-annual client meetings.
- Create written tax plan and coordinate end of year tax projection reviews.
- Coordinate all practice management and business tax functions with CPAs and Bookkeepers on behalf of clients.
- Answer all incoming client requests and communications within 1 day.
- Lead internal prep for client meetings. Ensure all team members are prepared and up-to-date on clients.
- Become an expert in the financial needs of dentists including career path, ownership considerations, tax management techniques, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning, Accounting, or related field. Minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Ability to reliably commute to our King of Prussia, PA office.
- Comfortable in a fast-growing start-up environment. You will know objectives and will need to collaborate on the best ways to complete a task.
- Desire to grow into a lead planner role quickly (within 2-3 years).
- Desire to pursue the CFP, CPA, and EA designations.
- Excellent communication skills - on the phone, in person, and in writing. Since you are often the front-line support for our clients, it’s important that you can communicate without errors, promptly, and with ease.
- You’re an organization-pro. Like maybe you alphabetize your spice rack. You keep everything together for our clients – so this is critical.
- Cloud-based applications, e-signatures, and new technology don’t daunt you. We use a lot of technology.
- You sincerely love working with people. You treat your teammates and clients with respect and care. Our clients become friends and we do everything we can to advocate on their behalf.